General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
just the way operators make the price look cheap, if you book a DIY holiday you will pay £xx for the room including for say breakfast, the room has 1 double bed and a settee this means the room will hold up to 3, the air-fair is £yy each so they will price the holiday at £xx/3 +£yy each based on 3 sharing this could make a difference f £200 or more each when only 2 go and when you add in the profit margin by percentage the difference could almost double the price each.
Loads base it on 4 sharing so if it's 3 it's better than normal!
See if you can get a studio which usually cater for 2 adults!
I agree - this is a real pain. I would like brochures & airlines to give me the proper price up front :tup
IMO, B&B often works out cheaper than S/C as the price is based on 2. This is fine if like me, you don't actually go self catering to cook but to eat your meals out. On the other hand if you prepare meals in, then you obviously need the facilities of a SC property e.g. hob, microwave etc.
I've always though it a bit strange. Prices in brochures here in Germany are always based on two people sharing, then they will quote an extra price for the third or fourth person. It makes it a lot easier.

Judith
Years ago when my friends and I used to go to Gran Canaria regularly, the prices of apartments were always based
on 3 adults sharing. (We always found it to work to our benefit - less under occupancy supplement to pay :) )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.