Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
doonhamer32 wrote:
Am I missing something here?

Most definitely!
I don't know if it's a complaint, if the OP has just booked, travelled or what?
It sounds like it's a pre-booking enquiry - but hey, I'm just guessing...
I think he's just wanting to let of steam and expressing his frustration at the way holiday companies price their rooms. I for one totally agree with him, although child prices don't affect me personally as I always travel solo so only get ripped off with single room supplements. :banghead:
Thank you for all your replies, yes letting off steam , it is not right and fair in these budget times , when families get ripped off , as a result i did not book , and yes next yr my youngest will be 13 yrs old so 4 Adults for a AI holiday , bloody shameful .
Is the hotel only available on an AI basis?
It could be that this is the issue... If you could book on an alternative basis perhaps and then upgrade to AI on arrival, you may find there are different prices for your eldest child.
But I can see your point.
If not you must make sure that the children get through as much icecream and soft drinks etc as possible, since they won't be able to avail themselves of the alcohol. :roll:
travelling to lanzarote this week to AI hotel , this will be the 3rd and last time to this particular hotel with the family, my grandchild is now 23 month, after next month when he hits the age of 2 we will be charged full adult price!
But this isn't a new thing, my son is aged 26 and when he was much much younger I had to pay adult price for him as a lone parent there was no discount, so I had to pay full price. There were 'discounted' holidays introduced skytours did something for lone parents if I recall, but at 'their' choice of hotels and the dates they stated, which isn't something that suited me.
jhe wrote:
travelling to lanzarote this week to AI hotel , this will be the 3rd and last time to this particular hotel with the family, my grandchild is now 23 month, after next month when he hits the age of 2 we will be charged full adult price!

i should have added, i understand a 2 year old takes up a seat on the plane so i understand they should pay for the seat, but the price coming up for 1 week next year for a 2 year old is £911.
jhe wrote:

Hi just apalling , how can travel firms justify this , we should all write to these companys to register our disgust for being ripped of !
greattime wrote:
Thank you for all your replies, yes letting off steam , it is not right and fair in these budget times , when families get ripped off , as a result i did not book , and yes next yr my youngest will be 13 yrs old so 4 Adults for a AI holiday , bloody shameful .

It's nothing to do with this current budget times it has always been this way. My kids are now young adults but from age 12 we always paid adult price for them. When they were 12 and 14 we started getting the extra room in botels with connecting doors. Little point in paying the price for two rooms, two bathrooms, two balconys, two lots of storage, and then 4 of you cramming into a so called family room, which are often just slightly larger than a standard double, with you all sleeping on top of one another and the fourth person on some dreadful bed.
jhe I find it very hard to believe that a 2year old is charged at adult price. Which hotel and tour operator is this with please?
Denny
when you deal direct with a hotel or bed agency rooms are sold in one of 2 ways, either A price per room per night [and they will say how many is the maximum occupancy ] or So much per person per night with x number shearing Very few hotels have children's rates, the likes of thomson/thos cook etc pay a price per room how they break that down is up to them, what i object to is the so called free child's place.. THEIR IS NO SUCH THING as the cost is calculated into the overall cost of the holiday, that is why many more people these days have dynamic packages where the price is based on the number of bums on seats not the ages so 2A +2C = 4x the standard price and in many cases is far cheaper than the main tour operators at 2A+2C rates,
what they do is not illegal,but many people are fooled by child prices thinking they are getting a better deal...
as the law says in this country Caveat Emptor [let the buyer beware]
Maybe if the OP is prepared to travel without the failsafe of the Package Holiday Regulations they will get better deal booking the room direct with the hotel, booking flights direct with an airline and organising their own transfer. It's got to be worth costing up and doing a comparison on prices, if they feel the TO is taking liberties.
sorry denny not sure how to edit, the dates are for 14 august not july, the link does work.
do a dummy run 2 adults 1 child aged 2
Sorry jhe, I did the dummy run as you suggested. You are quite right that there is no child price, I have never known that before. Is it because it is a Premium holiday I wonder as I noticed another nearby hotel showing 'free child prices' ?
Wizzard - I appreciate what you are saying regarding free child places.

If you and Mrs Wizzard go on holiday to a hotel offering free child places its 2X£500 Total £1000

If me and Mr Denny go on holiday and take grandson with us to a hotel offering free child places its still only 2X£500 total £1000 So in effect grandson goes free?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.