General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
child prices
6 Posts
Don't worry I confused a Ta with my request to price it up as adults instead of 2 adults 2 kids.

Last year I used Portland web site to get the best deal!
Very often it's cheaper or no difference if the children become adults!

Another one didn't bat an eyelid but did explain that they would appear on the tickets as children so they could use the clubs!
We've done that before...
Sometimes it's cheaper to pay "4 Adults" as the under-occupancy for 2+2 costs more than the child discount!

Ady
It worked out cheaper for us to pay for 4 adults instead of 2adults 2 children, because of under occupancy supplements. The travel agent worked out the better deal for us which is unusual as they usually just want to get the sale . Well done going places. :D
Have you looked at a HB holiday but for 3 adults and 1 child as often each adults price will come down if there is a 3rd adult sharing and that will apply to all three adults!
HB usually means you are classed as an adult from age 12
SC usually means from 16

It's def worth playing around with the different ways of going as often it is cheaper to say a child is an adult!!!

Isn't there any SC holidays where they have a second child for a pound or something like that?
First Choice have quite a few hotels offering child prices up to age 14, 15 and even 16 on Half Board and All-Inclusive. You have to really look through the brochure to find them - but I managed to get my daughter (who will be 13) a free child place at an All-Inclusive in Turkey next August, and I got a reduced child-price for her at an All-Inclusive in Gran Canaria next Easter from the Eclipse brochure (also part of First Choice)
The Direct Holidays brochure also has a few hotels with child reductions for teenagers, but again, you have to really scour through the brochure to find them!
One place which all the brochures sell with child prices for teenagers is the Jupiter/Saturno/Marte complex in Alcudia, All-Inclusive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.