Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Depends on where you go to be honest ... Beer is on average €2 per pint , but you can get it for 1 around Ibensa Square at the moment .. :D ...
Geovil

There are many Bars that regularly have one particular drink on special offer.

When we were there in July there were three bars close by with such offers; one had San Miguel at 1 Euro a bottle, One had Buwieser at 1 Euro a Bottle and another had large cans of strongbow cider at 1.50 Euro

Whereabouts are you staying?

Cheers

Bill
We are staying at the Arcosur Principe which used to be the Benalmedena Principe which is on rhe Avenue Los Girasoles just down from the station.
Thanks Geovil
Geovil

I am sure that this Hotel is right next to the Apartment we had this year and is just off Palm Tree avenue.

If this is the case some info:

There are 2 supermarkets close by; MERCADONNA is open Mon to Sat from 0915 to 2115. PUEBLO EVITA (2) an English supermarket & is open every day from 0800 to 2200. Turn right out of the front of the Hotel and then left at the top of the Road.

The nearest Taxi Rank is just before the ‘Silver Sails' roundabout at the base of a multi storey building called MAITE 1. Also on the ground floor of MAITE 1, facing the sea, is the nearest chemist. English is spoken & most minor ailments can be dealt with here. Just past the chemist, on the main road is the bus stop to Fuengirola & Marbella.

The bus stop for travel in the opposite direction to Torremolinos & Malaga is on the other side of the road directly opposite McDONALDS.

There are numerous bars & restaurants around, some offer drinks only, others offer snacks, others offer ‘touristy food' where a meal for 2 will cost around 25-30 Euros inc. drinks. Others offer more up-market a la carte food where a meal for 2 costs 40 - 50 Euros inc. drinks.

All the bars/restaurants in the area are ok. We had our favourites & tended to use the following:

BELFRY Drinks & snacks. Shows all sports; has 2 TV systems able to show Premiership matches Sat afternoon. Big bar & terrace.

RISING SUN Also shows sports. Open for breakfast from 0900; touristy food menu. Safe area for children, being not directly on the main road. Again, big area.

Other places for touristy food which we used are BAR ROXY (our favourite even though their prices were about the same as home) & THE HIDEAWAY (next door to each other - go left out of your Hotel, then left again, cross the Road opposite the Chinese Bazar (Sells everything at really low prices) and up the side street and you should find it from there).

Bar Roxy also has a very good Friday Night Quiz, plus Bingo on Sundays & Tuesdays, The Hideway have offers on particular drinks, plus a large brandy free with their set menu.

Also there are a number of other bars on the same block/square and the two at the bottom (Names escape me) overlooking the main Road and sea both had Bewieser & San Miguel on offer at 1 Euro a bottle.

There are 5 CHINESE RESTAURANTS in the area, The NEW HOUSE MING and ASIA are probably the best and you can get a 3 course meal, with plenty of selections, for around 6 Euros. The other Chinese are quite expensive.

PALOMA PARK which is a large green park area with animals, Birds, lake & fountains, children's play areas, & bars, is fairly close by and well worth a visit. (Dogs are strictly controlled so the park is clean & well maintained).

Hope this helps

BillW :cheers
  • Edited by BillW 2008-09-09 05:49:39
Thanks very much for all the information will write a post when we return.
Geovil
Are you back yet? Can you still get beer for a pound a pint?

cheers
80c a pint i saw yesterday,i would avoud these places personaly,pm me ill tell you why
We were paying from 1 to 2.5 euro's for a pint depending on where you drink but some places were charging 3 to 4 euro's a pint did notice it was mostly the Irish Bars,let me know if you need any more info.
Geovil
A number of bars/cafes on the coast road before Palm Tree Avenue have 2 for 1 offers roughly between 2 and 6 pm :tongue
A number of bars/cafes on the coast road before Palm Tree Avenue have 2 for 1 offers roughly between 2 and 6 pm

Are they genuine 2 for 1 offers or inflated prices initally??
Good honest pubs need and deserve a mention and rewarded for their efforts.

Robby :wink:
Sorry never went in any of the bars that were 2 for 1 but they were usually the bars that were charging 3.5 euro's and above.
Geovil
Are they genuine 2 for 1 offers or inflated prices initally??
Good honest pubs need and deserve a mention and rewarded for their efforts.

ones I have been into in that area charge normal bar prices which in my experience is 2 to 2.4 euros for a pint normal price. you can allways get cheaper if you look around but the quality is not always the same

spend quite a bit of time in benalmadena only ever been charged more in the clubs or around the marina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.