Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Depends where you eat & drink.

Djanny's and the Condor (both near the outdoor market/main road to Bourgas) are among the cheapest and most 'Bulgarian' places - very good food and prices - two of us lunched with plenty of drinks for 10/15 Leva last year.

Prices increase in the main resort area and hotels.
I totally agree with Djannys & Condor, but there are a couple of places further back from the market that are really cheap. Can't remember what they were called though. :?

Even so, it is still cheap enough where ever you go....
we stayed half board

but did eat out quite regular 2 adults and a 13year old

a steak meal for 3 a couple pints each for the adults and a couple of pops for the young one

under £20,

for lunch you can get a baked potato with as many fillings as you like for 4 leva about £1.50 or a chicken kebab for the same price with what ever fillings

pizzas are pretty cheap and a good size between 6 and 10 leva under £4

drinks vary in price depending on what you drink a bottle of becks 4 lev about £1.50
local beer 2 leva per pint about 70p, pop is about the same price

Mcdonalds is a few pence dearer than at home
Yes I noticed McDonalds was more expensive than home. I also recommend Djannys. Barbecue Credo on the front is also very good. The Happy Duck isnt too bad. Had a mixed grill from there, steak was burnt to a sinder, other than that it was ok. Around 4-5 pound for a meal for 2 there. Beer is very cheap, try the Karmenitza, there own brand of beer. Very very nice, thats all I drank over there apart from the cocktails which are buy one get one free. Beer is around 1 lev and the cocktails between 4 - 9 lev, but are BOGOF.

Accomodation, the Globus looks fine for kids. I stopped at Hotel Zora, which I recommend. But its a smaller and quieter hotel than the big places but the accomodation is very very good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.