Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Some of the bars at the Marina can and do charge a whopping 8 Euros for a beer. Beware!!. Further back from the front you will find more reasonably priced drinks. There is a great Tapas bar (restuarant) just off the central square...at the back a bit - top end of square looking down on left hand side - two minutes if that from Lloyds Bank. Reasonably priced - quite big - forget the name. The clubs and bars (like Linekers etc) are expensive in my book.

Nivsy
How much as an estimate are the clubs and bars ?

Thanks.

Dave.
Hi,

On the main port, there is a bar called Sinatras. It is at the corner where all the cars enter the port so you will find it very easily. We found this to be a great bar, good fun and good prices. It will be busy but that can only be a good thing.

Regarding the prices, I cannot remember exactly what they cost but I do remember that we were happy with them. The bar is also visited by celebs if thats your thing. Behind the main port is a street which is full of bars and you have to work out whats what here. Some are good prices, others not so. Dont be afraid to ask first!!

A good spot for hols though so enjoy
Thanks for all the info - it's been very useful - I think Sinatras will be my first port of call, until we get to sound the place out.

Does anyone know of any near by towns / villages that will be easy to get to by taxi - where the beer will be cheap,

Someone mentioned to me Mias ? but not sure how close this is ?

Thanks alot danazcurt and nivsy,

Only 3 weeks to go !

Dave.
Almost next toSinatras is a Greek Taverna. Can't remember the name but do recall the prices being OK given that your right on the frontline.
The village of Mijas is miles away from Banus. It is about 30 mins minimum by car I would reckon, maybe more. Why not get yourself a map of the area before you go, then look up villages and towns to give you some idea.

The map I use is the michelin map- Costa del Sol- number 124. You will get this from any decent bookshop like WHsmith.

If you fancy a change from Banus then look at staying in a hostel for the night around Benalmadena. This is another good port with plenty going on, as is Fuengirola and Torremolinos.

Good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.