Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Puerto Pollensa
7 Posts
Hi there.

Pto Pollensa is a very relaxed resort, arguably one of Mallorca's most pleasant. Lots of bars, restaurants but much less of the chips with everything stuff in other resorts.

The Playa Mar is at one end of the resort, so there's a bit of walk into the centre, but not exactly far, and the walk into the centre along the "Pinewalk" is also very pleasant. There is no real beach close to the Playa Mar. The main beach is beyond the smallish one by the pinewalk and in front of the main promenade. The beach beyond the pier "Moll Sur" is much bigger and better. The water is shallow and very safe.

Can't comment on the Playa Mar but apart from any kids club they have, Pto Pollensa doesn't have a lot specifically for kids. You might want to get over to nearby Alcudia for the waterpark - Hidropark - for instance.

Sure you'll enjoy it. It's a really nice resort.
Puerto Pollensa is a great family resort but as mentioned above the Playa Mar is at one end so you may well be walking in to the central area in the evenings.

There isn't so much specifically to do but families love it just the same & the Playa Mar will be full of families. You can it's location on this map: http://www.puertopollensa.com/maps/pinewalk.html It's marked as no. 1 top right-hand corner.

Fortunately the walk in along the beach is fabulous. You'll have a wonderful time - we've been going for 18 years!
Nicest resort in the Med, by a mile. We're off there Friday for a month, May for 2 weeks, September for 2 weeks. Enjoy !
Hi Snavie. We stayed at Playa Mar last July with kids of 11 and 3. There are kids clubs, which mine didn't use, but they loved the huge pool and the reps entertainment. Took the children to the Pirate show and a waterpark. Didn't see any "lager louts" at hotel or in resort. Minus points - the sunbed and parasol situation (not enough of either) and the fact that there are no bars/cafes/restaurants near the apartments at all :( . The walk into resort is very pretty and the children went on and off the beach, fed the fish, looked at the boats, sand sculptures, street entertainers. But it did take us at least a half hour which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so hot! Some lovely restaurants along the seafront too. Had really good food everywhere we ate - but unless you eat out quite early you really need to book a table. The main square in town was good too - traffic-free, nice bars and restaurants to sit out and people-watch. There was a week long festival when we were there so there were bands and dancing and fireworks too.
There are losts of wonderful restaurants to eat out at night. The large square - just behind the pine Walk - where the church is - is fantastic for peple watching. At night take a ball - all the children play in the square - football etc... whilst you eat your meal!! There is also an amusement arcade on the front (pine walk) that will keep them amused. There is normally a clown on the pine walk to entertain you and lots of little stall selling handmade jewellery.
If your children are ghood swimmers I would recommend driving to the beaches at Cala San Vicente for snorkelling. My2 boys - 10 and 4 were swimming with octopus, hundreds of fish etc...

You will enjoy it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.