Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Is it secrets excellence punta cana that you're going to (formerly royal uvero alto)?

ATB,J.
No, were staying at Sirenis Coctal beach resort, which i understand is just down from there. Have you stayed there?
We stayed at the Sirenas 3 years ago, about a week after the hurricane had hit. We had a great time, lovely hotel, people nice etc. This was our first trip to the Dominican and we are about to go back to the Dom Rep in July for the 3rd time although Iberostar Costa Dorada - can't wait. I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)
thanks. It looks a lovely place! Im really looking forward to it.

did you have any trouble with the mosquitos at night?
we stayed there in aug 2005 and my dear wife got bitten to shreads
The Sirenis is our favourite DR hotel, if you treat them right the staff are the best.
We found mossies to be a nuisance in May as it was so humid but not too bad in Dec. We took a jelly thing for the room (like an air fresher but for mossies) and one of those battery operated high pitched devices which clipped to my waistband for sitting outside in the evening.

I have some photos of Sirenis in the gallery and more if you want to see them, please let me know and I will load them on.
That'd be great if you could load the photos on, thanks!

Where did you get your battery thing for the waist? sounds a good idea, might be worth investing!
Buy some 'CUTTER' brand mosquito repellant and they won't come near you. They LOVE my blood,but they never bother me if I spray with that. Whatever brand you buy make sure it contains DEET.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.