Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Our reps always advised us against it when we visted the east and south coast...but i suppose its down to personal choice...i personally wouldnt venture outsited my resort unless on an excursion.
Sorry I can't advise on the Punta Cana area but we found it quite safe in the North as long as we took basic precautions. We're flying in to Punta Cana airport this summer and staying in Bayahibe- we do intend venturing outside the resort at least once.
There really isn't a lot out of resort in Punta Cana,

It all looked a bit dodgy from the coach and the reps advised against venturing to far from the hotel..
Shirely what hotel are you staying at in Bayhibe...Bayhibe is my favourite Domincan resort...it has the best beaches...we usually stay at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus...last year we opted for Mexico and the year before Punta Cana but nothing matches the beaches of Bayahibe!
Hi Beanie,
I'm glad to hear about the beautiful beaches of Bayahibe. One of the reasons we opted further south is because of the better beaches. We'll be staying at Dreams La Romana. According to what I've read Bayahibe is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away. Would you know if this is correct?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.