Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Mark, my oh my the shock and horror of it all :yikes I am so jolly well surprised at this startling revelation ;) , where was the worst beach vacation in Europe ? :sun2 I don't suppose it was Buggiba by any chance ? :rofl,

couldn't of put it better myself :D
**Edit to remove copyright - Admin**

I thought copyright law allowed a small portion of an article to be quoted freely - in this case, less than 20%
Sorry Gozomark, but the publisher's copyright policy disallows any unauthorised quotes or reproduction of web content.

Kath x
Hello, I have been to both of these resorts and when I say both I see that the first one, is Playa Paraiso has nothing to offer a visiter well I have to say other than winter sun they are right just a load of hotels and a few rubbish bars and cafes although one cafe owned by a Spanish bloke just across the road from the hotel we stayed in was all right, and he was a very nice bloke always made us welcome.
The less said about Qawra the better, it seems to be built on the same lines as resorts in Spain, you would think that after what the Spanish have done to there coast line why would Malta want to do the same.
Dave.
It surprised me that Patrick classed Qawra as a beach resort in the first place. Did his mate SpongeBob choose not to comment.
Yet another article about Qawra-Bugibba in Today's Times of Malta http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20091015/local/bugibba-region-is-getting-attention-mta-ceo

This area has been a dump for as long as we can remember ! it's a digrace how this area of SPB has been allowed to decay this way as Malta and Ghawdex is such a fabulous place, however this place brings shame to the rest of the Islands, how anyone can't see this area for what it is amazes me :think

Also an interesting paragraph in the article about The Qawra Inn / Palm Court :yikes
It sounds as if the Palm Court is still a dump like it always was, I thought it was supposed to have had a refurbishment. We went in it once for a cheap holiday and had no problems but most people seem to have had problems.
Our second ever visit to Malta was to the Palm Court :yikes , we found the hotel to be rather dated and smelt of wee and fags although our room was ok, the food in the canteen was pretty awfull so after one day I actually set up a meeting with the then manager in the board room at the hotel, after half an hour or so of strong talking not only did he give us a bundle of Lira back that covered what we had paid for our half board brekie and evening meals he also gave us a couple of verey nice bottles of Marsovin, so we became room only which was ok as our room was fine for the week, the money we saved was spent on lovely steaks in Hanibals and fruit for brekkie in a local shop, in the end we had a great holiday touring around Malta by bus, however the ending could of been worse as the hotel could of been enough to put us of Malta for ever, however as it was only our second visit to Malta we continued to fall in love with the country and 27 visits later we love it more and more each time we go, so what started as a bit of an eye opener ended up working out in the end :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.