America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Quebec Province
5 Posts
Isn't Halifax in Nova Scotia not Quebec?
Yes, but once we arrive in Halifax we'll be driving to Quebec Province. Sorry for any confusion!
Nice! My in-laws live in Nova Scotia, about an hour from Halifax, and I have been there many times. It reminds me a lot of England. My sister-in-law is in Montreal, Quebec, which is also beautiful.

Having never stayed at a motel in Canada (whenever we go, we always stay with my wife's family), I can't say from experience if you can just turn up but I'd be 95% sure of it. Just remember that, like the U.S., there can be very long stretches of highway in Canada without a hotel in sight for miles and miles, so I would at least have a rough plan in place as to the town you will stay in, even if you don't know the motel yet. Also bear in mind that August will be a peak month tourism-wise so it's more likely that some places will have no vacancies.
Thanks! We were aware of the distances involved and will keep in mind about going in the busy tourism month!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.