Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I tried posting the links to the photo's, but unfortunately I don't have enough posts to do that just yet...How many posts do I require?
I wonder if it's somewhere to the east Lagos in the vicinity of Alvor? That's one of the few parts of the coast with a long very open beach and fairly level access as opposed to being backed by cliffs? It could be west of Lagos somewhere in the vicinity of Burgau but once west of Lagos you tend to find the beaches enclosed by cliffs in bays rather than stretching out into the distance as in your pic. And is does sound as if you are both agreed that it's somewhere between Faro and Lagos?

SM
could be Olhos de Agua ? was there the other week and people were buying fish as it came in off the boats and there are som fishermens beach huts at the far end where they mend their nets.
The second image could well be Meia Praia, Lagos - the length of the beach and the background seems about right and I've seen gatherings of locals greeting incoming fishing boats there, although these tend to be independent individuals rather than part of the recognised fishing industry in town.
The huts in the first image would no longer exist in that form as all beach huts , regardless of their purpose, were dismantled and rebuilt according to stricter guidelines by government decree somewhere around the 2009 season.
If I'm correct, then just east of A Duna - the Hotel Tivoli Lagos' beach club would be the place to look. Bear in mind however that the ad hoc, one boat fish market is certainly not a daily event as we walk the length of Meia Praia on a daily basis whilst in Lagos and only tend to see the fishfest two or three times in a three week holiday. It seems highly likely that a local boatowner spreads the word that he intends to go fishing on a particular day and the local community seizes the opportunity to buy at source (tax free ;) )
Thanks for the replies people (sorry about the late reply, laptops been ill)...Just been looking at Google earth, and it looks like you're right Sagres..I can see the car park I parked in...Once again, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Just under 2 months till we go now...Can't flaming wait!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.