Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi,
We stayed at the Bahia Princess in 2006. Beautiful hotels in the area but at the time we were there, very little else. Not too far to Las Americas but probably too far to walk. Buses are good tho, ask at your hotel to see if they can arrange a bus pass for your stay, not sure how much that'll cost, but it's going to be cheaper than the UK! Taxi's good too.

Enjoy your holiday

Kaz
Thats the hotel we are staying at, is the food okay there? entertainment?
Hi
We are going to Laguna 1 in Adeje at easter, we've been going for a few years now and can tell you that there were quite a few bars & restaurants in the area but have noticed when we went in 07 it was very quiet in the evenings compared with previous years. One of the bar owners reckoned it was with the growth of All Inclusive!
Hi,
Entertainment was quite good by Spanish hotel standards! Happy hour was 11pm till midnight, we discovered the sister hotel to the rear of the Princess had their happy hour 4-5pm, so we joined in with that one too! Beautiful hotel, food was fab. Best Hotel we've ever stayed in food excellent, chef makes omelette's to order at breakfast, evening meals ranged from very good to excellent, you'll love it.

Only problem is that sockets in the rooms are hard to find, reception staff say that Thomsons are meant to tell guests that no electrical goods are allowed, for 'safety reasons'. We got a letter to report to reception as the maid had reported finding hair straighteners in our room! another couple got the same letter for having a travel kettle. I still used my straighteners though, I just made sure i put them in the cupboard so the maid couldn't squeal on us!

we did try arguing the point, as according to their rules we couldn't charge our phones. They wouldn't budge, told us to bring them to reception and they'd charge them for us. Maybe they've sorted that out now. Thomsons maintained they were not aware of this rule, Hotel says Thomsons are. Just don't leave anything with a plug in view.
Adeje town is in the hills and is the administrative centre of the region of Adeje.
Costa Adeje only came into being a few years ago.
I have an apartment in Los Geranios whose address was Torviscas PDLA. It mysteriously changed it`s address along with other complexes and hotels to San Eugenio Bajo Adeje.
The reason was Torviscas was getting run down a few years ago, the Puerta Colon area especially. Massive money has now been spent and it is nice again with lovely pedestrianised areas and loads of flowers and trees.
So the authorities, tired of the poor image at the time of that area called it something else, ie Costa Adeje but the area around the port as far as the old market is Torviscas or whatever you want to call it I suppose. Just reinventing itself.
This can be verified by looking at an old map of the area.
I am pretty sure there is no resort of Costa Adeje but it is an area covering several places an beachs
Someone may know where Costa Adeje ends going south west and what resorts it includes. ie is La Caleta just La Caleta or is it La Caleta Costa Adeje now.
Be interested to know now that I live in Costa Adeje.
Rodz
hi we have just returned from costa adeje torviscas area been for the last few years and its brill if you want cheap bars at night go past esmeralda hotel and first street on right go up a little bit and there are few brs up the alley way wingin arms are up there so is mickey omalys where you will get a nice welcome also euro a pint in the day irish rose on porto colon harbour with lovley views
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.