Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Qwara/Bubibba?
6 Posts
Hello Sue, I was up your way today working on the new BMW garage just of the A46, the new year before last we stayed at the Coastline hotel just outside Qawra and went into Bugibba most nights. There are a lot of bars in both resorts and most of them call them selfs British bars, but I think they are not like the bars in Spain as most are owned by Maltese where as in Spain they seem to be owned by expats.
You do get a lot of young people in Bugibba in the summer so Qawra may suit you better and as for the bar prices well it seems once places join the E U up go the prices, but thet are still cheaper than at home. Sorry cannot help with the hotels.

Dave
Hi Sue

"Are bar prices much like ours? " - depends, what are "ours" prices like ? after EU, prices are little changed - what prices are you after ?

eg beer lm 60c-1.00 /pint (£1-1.60)

Gozomark
Hello Sue,

Here is a link that contains lots of bars in and around the Buggiba/Qawra area. It contains photos of the bars so it should give you a good idea as to what they are like. http://www.starwebmalta.com/
A good hotel to look at in Qawra is the Grand Hotel Mecure San Antonio.
Buggiba and Qawra are next to each other and it is possible to walk from one to the other.
Thank you for all your helpful replies.
I have been looking on the'Chevron' site and got some good quotes, they are much cheaper than Thomson who we book most of our holidays with.
I just have to decide which hotel.
I would have liked to try DIY but have left it too late to get a good flight deal.
to GOZOMARK--- the prices I was looking for were for example:-
Pint lager (Local)
Brandy
Gin/lemonade
Bacardi/coke
Baileys

Thanks. Sue
Pint lager (Local)
Brandy
Gin/lemonade
Bacardi/coke
Baileys

all the above are normally 60c- Lm1 (£1-1.60)

cheers !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.