General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
any regular viewers to these forums will know what is coming next from me :lol: ......The Canary Islands... they are our fave destination in the whole wide world and we visit one island or another at least twice a year. There is so much to do and each island is so different and diverse..they are approx 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 flying hours away from all airports and our kids have loved returning time and again...

for further afield.. well Mexico, Dominican, Thailand.. but in our experience i would say wait until the kids get a little older ( or maybe thats just our kids that could be a pain on long haul :roll: ) they are now almost 17 and just 14 and long haul is not so much a problem now...
Well my most fabbest holiday destination so far is definately Turkey. how predictable I hear you all say. Red sea also fab if you want "relaxing/chilled" destination. However my list of must go places is very long - got to do 50 countries by the time im 50 .no hope im nearly 43 and only done 13 so far. cant seem to get past Turkey. I need to book more holidays and city breaks :shock: :shock:

lyn
The Conrad Hotel, Sharm el Sheikh :wink:
Went there last year and have booked again for next year, it was the best holiday I've ever had!

Seeing all the incredible fish as though in an enormous tropical fish tank was out of this world and the sea was almost as warm as a bath!

I found the people to be some of the friendliest I've ever met.

Pippy :D
awww pippy that sounds fab !!

<sigh > i wish i was so loaded i could have like 4 holidays a yr lol

lyn whereabouts in turkey do you go to ? friends of ours are in the process of buying out there :)
have been to olu Deniz and Icmeler . Much prefered Olu but maybe that was because we went there the first time to Turkey and its the place we hold dearest to our hearts. Our children also feel the same :D
I would without a doubt say Goa is the most amazing country i have had the pleasure of visiting :D the people are so friendly, it's so cheap and beautiful beaches, my kids aged 9 and 6 cried when we had to leave, we all thought it was wonderfull, jungle book trips, washing elephants, watching dolphins in the sea, i could go on forever, only another 10 months untill we return :lol:
crystal xx
I.M.O.
Short Haul with kids, it has to be Ibiza. It's not just a clubbers paradise, if you hire a car and go off the beeten track there are some lovely places to visit and some gorgeous beaches.
Long haul, we went to Dominican Republic, (before kids) 9 years ago and it was the best holiday we had as a couple. From reviews now though I think it has become very touristy, but we would like to go back one day when Tom is old enough to cope with the flight!!!!!
Dominican republic is my favourite with Corfu Greece quite a close second. I love all the Greek Islands that I've been to so far and hoping to add Santorini to my list this summer
ooooh goa sounds fab !!!

thanks all

keep em coming :lol:
Benidorm. What more do I need to say? :wink: :lol:
Rachie
I wonder if you would like Tsilivi in Zante- ideal beach for kids. Now my favourites- Thailand, Brazil, Bali, Thailand and Thailand.... :lol:
ive just looked up and found this http://www.tsilivi.com/ it looks lovely fiona

the jupiter hotel looks fab !!

where did you stay ???
Fiona HT Mod wrote:
I wonder if you would like Tsilivi in Zante

Hi Fiona, I've been there as well and I agree with you, a beautiful place. I too would recommend that. A wee bit too hot when I went in the middle of August with the average daily temperature at over 100degrees+, but as that side of the Island attracts a breeze....sorry can't recall the same of it now....it was not too uncomfortable.
we haven't been for a long time- but we have been 5 times, to apartments though.
I can agree with Pippy on the Conrad in Sharm, It was an amazing holiday and yes one of the best so far. I've also been to the Hotel Jupiter in Alcudia, that was also great and excellent for the kids with alot going on for them day and night and also AI. Entertainment at night was great here but this was the only thing that let the Conrad in Sharm down, but maybe they have improved this now, but never the less still an excellent hotel. :D
we went on a really cheap late booking to the Jupiter in Alcudia and have to say would be bottom of my list not that we didn't enjoy ourselves but !!!
short haul Menorca we went lovely hotel and Madeira that was brill for walking and the christmas lights were something else but my favourite Cyprus ,lovely People , bigger Island so more to see, culture all the mosaics and ruins and the lovely weather good food what more could one ask, before my favourite was France and we still intend to retire there.
Not done longhaul yet but going to Jamaica next New Year it is the long flight that as put me off so far will have to see how it goes Hubby has been to Canada and the States it is me that is a wuss
Asia is the most exciting continent on the planet - my faves are Thailand - what can I say ? it is stunning and everyone should visit there once in thier lives (IMHO)
And Goa - wow , the most laid back , lush place ever , the people are so friendly , I absolutely adore it - cried when we had to come home , those are my 2 fave destinations.
Quite often the last place I've visited becomes my favourite, last year I went to Australia and came back in love with the place, I like most of the Asian countries that I've been to, but I think my overall favourite is New Zealand.
Have to agree with Val's earlier post - The Canaries, but narrowing it down it has to be Tenerife for us. Been going there now for 23 years. Long haul it has to be Jamaica. Although it has changed a great deal from the first time we went about 18 years ago it is still one of the most laid back and relaxing long haul destinations we have ever done.

Rgds Jackie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.