Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I believe this hotel is now called The Atlantica Princess (or something very similar, names aren't my strong point!) in Ixia (was the Elizabeth when i lived on the island).
This was and i'm told still is a lovely place to stay. Pleasant gardens and pool area and direct access to the beach. It's also in a good spot as much of Ixia is built along a busy coast road but this property is built on the quieter beach road and is a short walk into the centre of Ixia or neighbouring Trianda.
Ixia is a great place for exploring as it's a 10 minute bus journey (or 5 by taxi) from Rhodes Town. The main coast road has a very frequent bus service offering you great links to other villages on the west coast too. Being so close to Rhodes Town will help save money on any boat trips you wish to take as you can book these yourselves in the harbour (much cheaper than via a rep or agent).
I know quite a few hotels on the island as i lived there for 2 years so if there's anywhere in particular you're thinking of feel free to ask. :D
Thanks for that. We've been looking at Ixia but the busy main road worries me a bit. Does seem an ideal location though and it would mean that we wouldn't be tied to the travel operators tours etc.

:D

Have also looked at the Lindos Mare - in Lindos obviously! Looks really nice and the write ups are all really good. Any ideas?

:wave
Lindos Mare is a nice hotel, was a bit dated but i think it's had a fairly recent refurb. The only downside with this hotel is that it's a bit isolated - it's often sold as Lindos but is actually just off the main road between the villages of Kalathos and Lindos (both about 5 minutes away by taxi).

If you're thinking about a stay in Lindos and want somewhere with a pool/bar etc. the Krana comes highly recommended - studios rather than a hotel but good facilities and there's a vast choice of restaurants in the village.

If you want to get about from Lindos it's much easier to hire a car as Rhodes Town and the north are a very long bus journey away (though all local buses on this side of the island are comfortable, air conditioned coaches).

**EDIT**
A friend has informed me that i'm right about the refurb. The hotel was fully refurbished last year and now looks great apparently.
Miramare Wonderland, 5Stars.

Just returned (June 05).

Complex is alot of mainly 1 bed Appartments, Great People, Great pool area, Pebble beach front, good bars.

Next to Ixia Strip of bars and shops. 5 Taxi drive from Rhodes Town.

Hope you enjoy it, we did

EDIT............................

Ixia Main road not a problem, we have a 5 year old, no problem it than anywhere else in rhodes.

If you prefer quiet areas then suggest Lindos, But this about 1.5 hours transfer from Airport. (35 Euros from Ixia by Taxi) Acropolis great in thunderstorm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.