Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It will be an uphill struggle. You paid and were supplied with a seat that provided extra leg room. I have seen these seats before on planes and I have read here on the forum in the flight section and on seatguru that these seats are not ideal because of people queuing for the toilets in front of you. People are moving objects and had the space in front of you been "occupied" by a fixture you could say that it wasn't an extra leg room seat.

Worth trying with a nice letter to the airline and see what happens. They may be in festive spirits and refund.

Mark :)
Thanks Mark.

The crew had much sympathy with us as it was a particularly difficult flight for a variety of reasons.

I will send a letter off and see where we get...
On Thomas Cook flights that I have been on the crew have always done pas informing other passengers that you have paid for extra legroom with these seats so they are not permitted to walk through, and instruct passengers sat on the left to use the toilets on the left and vice versa. Its clear this pa wasn't done so yes I would write into Thomas Cook to demand my money back!! The crew may have been sympathetic but they didn't do anything to sort the situation out. Include this in the letter as well.
And the important word used throughout those replies was letter - not e-mail as you first suggested! Send it recorded to get proof of delivery. You've basically paid for a service that was not fit for purpose, partly due to the aircraft layout and partly due to the lack of control by the crew - both TCs responsiblity. It seems this is a previously documented problem so TC should have been aware.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.