America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Trinkle

Welcome to HT!

I've requested this property be added to our hotel reviews section.

In the meantime have a look HERE and HERE

Philippa :D
I'm going to Regal Palms in December 05. I'd be interested to hear reports also.
There are a number of private British owners offering very good rates (much better than the large hotel & general villa firms).
Try doing a search on the main Orlando villa websites - some good examples; VRBO (vacation rentals by owner) http://www.vrbo.com/ and another excellent site (especially the pictures !!!!!) http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/floridaholidayhome/152.htm

We had some excellent prices (and booked !) for Feb 06. :D
This resort has very mixed reports and I am thinking about booking it for a two week break in April, I am now having second thoughts, has anyone any comments that may point me in the right direction.
We stayed there this Feb and I would thoroughly recommend it

I have done a report in the hotel review section;
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

We booked direct through a British owner - there were no problems with the resort, or our villa (a lovely 4 bed property).

I too, was a little perplexed with the negative reports, and could only conclude that people who were unhappy with their villas, were possibly being put in properties by naughty cheapskate tour operators, that were either near to new building work at the far edge of the resort (we never saw any work going on from where we were though), or had properties that ran directly along side the Sand Mine Road, that does have a lot of heavy dirty traffic on it.

Judging by other people's vastly different experience to our own, I really did wonder whether Britsh tour operators were getting the cheap end of the stick and being given the worst properties by the resort - knowing how fussy Americans are and how uncomplaining us Brits generally are ....just a theory though !!!!!

Other negative reports on Trip Advisor, appear to be largely from Americans who were expecting full hotel services, rather than self catering villa set up.

We liked it even better than staying on Disney's Port Orleans Riverside !
Go for it - especially if you have kids (and even if you don't !).
I would definitely book direct with an owner, and get fly drive separate though - I'm sure it would work out cheaper ....and it will ensure you are in control of where your townhouse is set. We saved a few hundred quid - and there were only 2 adults/2 children in our party.

If you have any specific concerns or questions then post away or PM me :D
Thank you very much jdybnsn, I did read your report yesterday as well as many others, this has put my mind at rest and it was privately owned ones I was looking at, I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions, how long did it take you in a car to get to the Disney Parks? and is the wee shopping complex with restuarants that is near within walking distance or 5 minutes in car?

Thanks very much again.
Hi Caitkirs -

Bearing in mind we went in Feb ., which is low season, it took about 20 mins. to get into the Disney area using the Sherbeth Road short cut......I believe there has since opened another Disney entrance gate & access road, off the highway 27 (above the 192 junction) - which may well be quicker, since it would avoid the busy 192 ,which can get very congested, especially at rush hours.

The shopping complex is only a short walk, 10 mins. It is virtually next door to Regal Palms - though on an American scale of things.... meaning there is an expanse of space between them - Even though it is very close by, I think you might find that carrying shopping, and/or dragging kids in the Florida sun is non too pleasant, so most probably you would use your car even for such a short journey 8) .
PS - I forgot to say, I have posted a few pictures of the resort in the Photo Gallery - don't know if you have seen them ?

:)
any one been to regal palms in florida whats it like ? any tips on driving
over there first time and am nervous.
Hi we went there Feb 2006.

We really enjoyed the resort (see review under hotels section).

Easy to find...

Head towards WDW / Orlando when you leave the airport.

Travel down the I4 West (towards Tampa Bay) and take the 192 , then up to the end you hit the U27- take the signs for Haines City.
Travel down the U27 for about 5-10 mins and turn right at the lights when you see the Publix supermarket. on your right (as you start to climb a slight hill). You should then be on Sand mine Road.

..its just after that shopping precinct on your right.

Happy to answer any question you have. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.