Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
My office is it East Midlands Airport and they train the pilots on their daily. If it is true what he is saying that is unreal. Mind you, nothing surprises me with that company.

At the moment they now have a flash sale on of over 2 million seats at £9.99. Jokers
There must be some reason why they are willing to pay €29k for training. Is it cheaper to train with them? Do other airlines charge?
As I understood it, it's not for training, it's for a job.
I've just listened to the clip it's for the training on Ryanair Aircraft.
Pilots pay so much for training because Ryanair will give them the requisite hours on their CV, so that they can then go and work for a decent well paying firm. Poor conditions for pilots, cheap labour for the airline.
hi James
Welcome back to HT :)
Judith- yes, just listened again. 6 months of training with no pay then starts flying at 1500 euros a month.
I think that it still will create no good from the outset. The better way is to pay for their training and then lock them in for 3-5 years to ensure the service is repaid. Making them pay and literally making them work in conditions which emulate a start up with no money (as opposed to a company that is renowned for making money on the back of charging everyone for everything) means their pilot retention must be in the single percentage digits.
But it does make them money and there seems to have been, until recently, a steady flow of willing, low paid pilots.
I'm assuming then that Ryanair must be cheaper to train with than other sources. It would be interesting to hear how much other companies pay their recently qualified pilots or if they'll even touch them with a barge pole until they've clocked up the qualifying hours.

There's usually 2 sides of a debate & if trainee pilots are aware of Ryanair's policy's then there's a reason why they still go to them.
There was a series on a while ago called " inside the cockpit " on ITV about Easyjet pilots , it appears they pay for a training school and are then contracted as a pilot to earn reasonable money . The training is carried out by CTC aviation who seem to do this training for quite a few major airlines .

Link with info and also link to CTC aviation at bottom

http://www.itn.co.uk/press-releases/easyjet-inside-the-cockpit/

Perhaps Ryanairs training programme is cheaper , there has to be a reason to get involved with this outfit , as we know there's a good reason to get out .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.