Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
5 Posts
Just read your reports on the hotel and PEK itself and pleased to hear you apparently enjoyed it. I'm surprised and delighted to learn that the musical fountain is up and running again. When I was there at the end of February it was being repaired, and knowing how long these things can take out there I was expecting it to be out of action for considerably longer.
the hotel was brilliant THE BEST we have ever stayed in anywhere beautiful
staff first class people just like the turkish BUT leave us alone when shopping we are not all born hagglers i know its the custom but do they have to be so pushy (just our opinion) but other than that no complaints about the people so friendly
just a couple of prices to compare for drinks
in the puca irish pub across from the marhaba palace 1 small beer 2,900
in the hotel 3,500
in the hotel 1 martini and sprite + 1 beer (large) 12,000
puca irish pub 11,800
in the hotel we got exchange rate
20/04/08 2,2530 t dinars
22/04/08 2,2530 t dinars
23/04/08 2,2500 t dinars
at the post office at the entrance to the marina
21/04/08 2,259 t dinars (0930)
21/04/08 2,275 t dinars (1639)
22/04/08 2,249 t dinars
25/04/08 2,260 t dinars
tho if memory serves me right i think there were days when the post office rate was better than the hotel
:rofl
Odd about the exchange rate as I believe it is set by the government so should be the same rate everywhere, though obviously it can change a bit from day to day. Drinks are always more expensive in the hotels and also vary between hotels. Blooming dear for a Martini and Sprite + a beer though, I'm glad I don't drink the stuff (I stick to wine or cedratine :lol: )
We was getting 2.55 to the pound last October.And I must admit I cheat,I buy a bottle of my favourite Brandy at the airport and fill up a couple of minitures of an evening and buy a cola to slip them in,I dont like their local spirits and too expensive for International brands,my husband likes the thiberine,ugh too sweet for me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.