Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Anyone just back recently that can update us on prices this year? We are off to Galdana in August and am expecting it to be pricier than Cala'n Bosch last year, just wondering if anyone can confirm this.
Surely someone out there has been recently that can advise on costs this year???

237 views so far... :think
See my Cala Blanca resort review...different resort but it may help!
Thanks Li-sa, just read your report and the prices you have quoted seem pretty reasonable to me.
Hi Birf73

We have just got back from Calan Forcat and found the prices as good as ever, with a few restaurants offering some great value meals. Bianco restaurant for example has a fantastic selection of family meals - great big platters of mixed grill or mixed fish etc for the whole family to tuck into.

Haiti Restaurant in the center of resort, the one where there is often a queue outside....but definitely worth the wait, has top quality food but the prices are better than else where.

Places in the resorts of Cala Galdana and Son Bou (which was dead this year) seemed quite pricey, but they always have been more expensive than places like Calan Bosch or Calan Blanes / Calan Forcat.

Drink prices in the bars have gone down. We were in the new Plaza Domingo most nights. They have my favorite drink, the local drink on the island, "Pomada" , which is the local Gin and Lemon with crushed ice at 3,50 € for a large, where as everywhere else is 5,50 €. A pint - 2,20€ and you get your entertainment free with it - can't really complain.
Hi Robin

I agree the prices seem to be good, if not even better since the start of the credit crunch, lots of places seem to have dropped their prices.

Our favourite restaurants were also Haiti, La Rombola and Bianco on the main street in Calan Forcat, and the restaurants in Plaza Domingo (my favourite place in the resort)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.