Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Thanks for the reply Makispol. Yes, I agree Celcius is very funny and a typically friendly, fun loving Rhodian. He loves children too - he make my 6 year old daughters holiday so much fun!

On our holidays we also like to go into Socrates Bar in the old town - there are some smashing waiters in there too.
Hi Rhodosfan,

As you seem to know Rhodes well can you tell me if staying in Rhodes town would be noisy. I would be going towards the end of October.

What sort of prices would you pay for meals/drinks now. I went to some of the Greek Islands some years back when the currency was drachma and everything was very cheap. Perhaps not so now with the Euro?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Sadly, since the euro everything has gone up but it's still a beautiful island to visit and eating/drinking is still good value if you avoid the more "touristy" places.The town won't be as noisy in October but don't go too late in the month as everything starts to close down for the winter. The weather is usually still good then and the sea will be warm.
Thanks AnneJ for that. Hope to go early October and leave Rhodes around 24th so should be ok.
I hope to be there at that time too. A lovely time to be there. Also going on May 9th. Not long to wait now!!! :D
Rhodosfan wrote:
Has anybody come across Celcius the owner of the Capo Al Metro in Rhodes Town (pizza & drinks bar) opposite the Jason Restaurant. The pizzas are lovely and he is a terrific bloke with a great sense of humour.

Giasou!

His real name is Kelsios, last name Juliannis.

Kelsios is my VERY good friend, he's a funny and good looking guy.
I just came from Rhodos yesterday. 8) I use to travel there every year once or twice. Next season I will be there 6-7 months...

If you travel to Rhodes and to town center, you have to go to visit Capo al Metro, corner of streets Griva and Mandilara. (Opposite of Jason nro 1)

If you go, say greetings from Heikki. :D
Hello Poseidon/Heikki
Thanks for the reply - sorry it has taken me a while to reply.
You are spot on - with name and location of Kelsios. Nice to speak to a fellow friend of his. How long have you known him for - did you know him when he worked nearby at 'Summer Queen'. As you say he's a great guy and the Capo Al Metro is a great spot in the New Town. We love the pizzas there and it is always entertaining just being around Kelsios.
The amount of people who return to see Kelkios is amazing - one season he counted how many people came back and I'm pretty sure that it was more than 300.
We got back from Rhodes on 11 Aug 07 - saw Kelsios several times during the course of the holiday - he never changes - always delighted to see you and full of laughs.
It was another lovely holiday for us in Rhodes (especially after being flooded in June).
We stayed at Faliraki this time - everything was spot on - the Orion Restaurant in Faliraki is excellent for food.
Have you got a job in Rhodes next year?
Bye for now.
hi, is Kelsios the guy with like the shoulder length(ish) hair completely mad and funny?

i just came back from rhodes yesterday ( and really missing it) and everyone at capo al metro made my holiday amazing especially the longish haired guy who i think is Kelsios and veronika the austrian waitress who i am hopefully going to visit in Austria next February.

the guy who i think is Kelsios is amazing hes so funny and quite hot, and being a blonde haired 18 year old single girl was greeted by him every night, consisting of him sitting on me and telling me i must stay here and work in his bar lol, im not complaining!!
Hi Stazzy
Thanks for the message - yes that certainly sounds like Kelsios - a really smashing guy.
He and his team make a lot of peoples holidays - he is so fun loving.
I have a photo of him from 2004 but am unable to post it onto this reply.
Veronika is also lovely - so very friendly.
Alex the older waiter is also funny and another genuinely nice guy.
I'll bet Veronika will be able to tell you a few stories!!! when you visit her in Austria in February.
oooh there was this other bar we really liked, im not sure what it was called, something like Road bar, it was an American themed bar and also had internet access. it was really nice in there and did really nice cocktails. its down the road from Athina Hotel and near the restaurant Yamas, it also has a really tall bald guy on the door who smells really good lol. if anyone knows it let me know!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.