Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As always, look at the excellent FCO page on Travel Advice.

HERE

The Road Travel section (halfway down the page) gives advice on insurance, helmets etc.
A full UK motorcycle license is required as you will need to show this if stopped at the checkpoints outside the resorts.

John
You may need to check this out but if you're a foreigner buying a car in Turkey, you have to get one with M plates - it may be the same for motorbikes. I'm not totally clued in about this but I know that you have to have these M plates (whatever they are).

Whereabouts are you moving to in Turkey? From next year, we're planning to spend half the year in Turkey and the other half back here in the UK - can't wait.
Will be staying in an apartment in Fethiye until my mates villa in Ovacik is clear of bookings then we're moving in there.
I forgot to add that the prices of motorcycles are very high so you will be better looking for a used bike.

If you are only going to se it around the own a scooter will be a cheaper option.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.