Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Sounds good, Gareth. I've been toying with going to Riga for some time, now I might just have to try a bit harder :lol:
Gareth, hope you can help with a couple of questions - I visit Riga on 1st March:-

1. I am having difficulty geting hold of Lats in Liverpool - did you get it from any particular bank? If I have to leave it till we touchdown in Riga, did you see any cashpoints at the airport?

2. England play Uruguay on 1st March - did you notice if the bars had sat tv?

Thanks in advance
doonhamer32 - I recommend you do it sooner rather than later as they want the Euro in as soon as possible and then you'll see prices rise.

Becky67 - 1. I was told that it is not possible to get Latvian lats in this country but we did manage to order them from Just Go travel agency. I did see cash points out there. Can't tell you where the best rates were but I was warned to be careful if you change currency on the street as some dodgy people give you notes that look like the lat but are worth a lot less.

2. There are a couple of Irish and British bars in Riga, and I usually stay away but my wife and I stopped in one called deLacys Irish bar, one afternoon. There were 2 screens in there with Sky on them and a friendly Ukrainian bar man who supports Yeovil Town!! We returned there just for the banter. I did pass other pubs advertising premiership games so I can't see a problem watching the game.
Gareth.

Could you possibly give me an idea of costs. You know the general things we want to know about etc, in pounds and pence equivalent please.

Thanks
pedrogooner - have a look at the Riga thread in City Breaks forum. May answer some of your questions.

Becky67
You'll find that thread HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.