Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Perhaps it might be worth looking at the airport's website to see what surface transportation is available. However, given the late arrival time of your flight (assuming it even lands on time) a price hike is not unknown! If the fare quoted includes a return leg, it might not be too unreasonable .......
Thanks for your input. It does seem a lot to me. They also say it takes 50 mins, which is longer than all the tour operators say.
Well, I'm sorry, but I don't believe tour operators on transfer times .... it might be the transfer time on a clear night between the airport and a certain location boundary .... but factor in traffic, dropping off at hotels en route and a rest stop for the driver if he's over hours, and that timing can be WAY out!!
I did as you advised and had a look at the airport`s website. They say the maximum charge to Cattolica from the airport should be 33 euros. The problem is there may not be any taxis there at that time. I might ask the rep to check for me when we arrive. Thanks again.
I would think that you would find taxis at the airports - they tend to linger for 'out of hours' flights, because public transport is not available ..... but make sure that you print out the part of the Rimini airport website where it shows the prices and the price category - I think it was something 3, to make sure your driver knows that you know what the available rate price is as quoted on the website! But don't be surprised to incur a surcharge for night hire (reasonable and usual practice. This amount should be posted somewhere, perhaps in the airport or in the car itself).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.