Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Nicky

Just to remind you we have reviews for both hotels HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi

Thanks. I have read all the reviews on here and elsewhere and still can't decide. The last few years we have always gone to hotels with waterslides as my daughter loves them, but as the holiday Village is booked up along with many other hotels all ver the world for the dates we have, we are left with very limited choice at such short notice.

Thanks again
I stayed at the Riu Merange which is next door to the Bachata,then the following year stayed at the Coral Costa Caribe.The Rui chain is Spanish owned and the Coral Dominican owned.I would say the Riu was the better hotel.
we went to the Coral Marien last Easter and had a brilliant time. It never felt crowded and had plenty of sunbeds. Our kids 10 & 7 then, had a great time, they went to the kids club, played pool and enjoyed the mini golf, ping pong etc. Never had trouble getting into the restaurants, ate there every night but the buffet restaurant was very good too. At 4 pm a man came out round the pool and cooked crepes there was loads of different topping and the kids loved this. I thought this hotel was great, clean and polite staff, would highly recommend. However, I have never been to a Riu hotel but have stayed at some very nice hotel and this hotel does compare. Hope this helps?
Thanks for your replies.

Its a difficult decision to make.

Do any of the pools gently shelve into deeper areas as we really need this for our 2 year old so that he can paddle around safely. The kids pool at the bachata is too tiny.
I like the sound of freshly made crepes at the pool rachie-m, is there a kids disco at night too?

Thanks
when we were there, the kids disco was between 7 and 8 pm and they also played movies on a big screen for them every now and then. The pool would be perfect for a 2 year old. It is in the shape of a clover and each end has a large shallow section. There is also a kiddies pool at the kids club with swings etc
Thanks for everyones replies. Unfortunately I was unable to book anything in the end for easter due to a number of things coming up, but I am now looking at May half term.

Thanks a lot Nicky
If you did go back to the Rui's then the Mambo has a gently shelving entrance, going into the pool. Although this is the cheapest of the 3 hotels, it has a lovely setting (more intimate) and is on the best bit of the beach.
Lorraine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.