Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Bit difficult to know for sure unless you give a date of departure and the airport you're flying from.

For example, Portland Direct currently have the Riu Tequilla which is very well rated for £865pp for 14 nights leaving on 7 Sept from Gatwick. Are you set on going to Cancun or will the Riveria Maya be OK too?
It's Sun 11 Sept 2 weeks from Manchester. I only fancy Cancun really. :D
I assume that's the price with First Choice - I can't do any better for that hotel.
It is with first choice.
Hi,
what about eclipse direct? Sister company of first choice but generally cheaper. Try their website - http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk
Shirley
The price for them dates on the elipse site for 2 people at the Riu Caribe is £2145..Hope this helps ...Regards Stevie
Stevie dee,
seems hard to believe that this particulsr holiday was only £1000pp with First choice ,yet more expaensive with the cheaper sister company eclipse direct. Were they from the same airports? Normally eclipse direct prices beat first choice hands down.
Hi Shirley That was the price quoted when I tapped in the details yesterday,I also suspect thats without taxes and surcharges.Regards Stevie
we stayed at this hotel last november and it was fantastic. The hotel itself is beautiful with well maintained public areas and huge rooms with massive marble bathrooms a real touch of luxury. there is sat tv, mini bar that is restocked on request by ringing recception 24 hour room service and its all included in the price.
the gardens and pool area are gorgeous with peacocks roaming around and a great swim up bar. the jacuzzi area outside the health club is really relaxing, spent many a late night sitting in that jacuzzi with a tequila sunrise overlooking the sea and its all lit up at night.
the food is out of this world, so much choice and all top quality from pizzas at the pool to the mexican a la carte serving fajitas to die for!
the entertainment in the lobby at night is good, everything from sports on the big screen to live music and dancing.
cancun itself is wonderful, beach and sea as good as jamaica or mauritius, its a real fun party place with as much or as little to do as you please. you must visit tulum and the ruins at chitzen itza truly the highlight of the holiday and an experience i will never forget.
it took me a couple of days to get used to all the loud brash americans who over run the place but apart from that i would go back in a heartbeat. you couldnt have picked anywhere better in my opinion and you see to have been quoted a good price. go and enjoy :D
Cheers Gixer! 8)

well looking forward to it now!
In the Eclipse brochure i work it out at aproxx £1062pp for sept05. We usually go to Tenerife through eclipse and have had no problems at all.
We are just in the process of booking for this hotel next feb06, 2 weeks all inc, including star class premiere seating £1487pp. Its for our one year wedding anniversay........cant wait!
I have checked the price in cosmos distant dreams brochure and its £1335 pp for 14 nights in sep so you have got a great deal. the other point i forgot to mention was the italian a la carte restraunt, the swim up/pool bar at night transforms into the most amazing italian we have ever eaten in. my hubby hates pasta but they do this fantastic fillet steak in red wine sauce with chip sticks, best meal we have ever had you must try it. also they have a 24 hour food/drink room which is located through the lobby and on the way to the health club. you can pitch up at 4am and help yourself to optics of vodka etc beer and fruit juices and plenty of food, everything from nachos to burgers hot dogs and pastries delicious and needed after a night out in the bars and clubs of cancun! there are pool tables, card tables games and tv in this lounge. to anyone who has booked this hotel go and enjoy its pure luxury and caters for all tastes. if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask :D
as there are no recent threads on this hotel i was wondering if anybody has been there recently that can give me any info.
flying out in june this year with 2 kids aged 10 & 7.checked out the hotel reviews which most of them seem ok.but any further info and advice would be great.

cheers laingy
We have a fairly recent review HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
has anyone ever booked a thomascook sqaure deal to cancun (4 star option)?

This is where you dont know what hotel your staying in but you know it will be a four star hotel in cancun.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of doing this, i would give it a go but im scared in case i end up at bluebay getaway "anything goes" hotel!!! im an open minded person but this aint my scene!!!!! id hate to end up in a hotel like this!

Any experiences/opinions will be greatfully appreciated!

lorraine x
Hi Lorraine
I've never booked a Thomas Cook Square Deal, but I did catch a mention of the BlueBay Hotel on Watchdog last week :yikes and the holiday company they were talking about (sorry, I can't temember if it was Thos Cook) had stated that they would not be sending any clients who had booked AOA to the Blue Bay Hotel.

I guess you could always ring Thos Cook and ask the question.

Regards
Polly
Hi, yes i heard about the holiday watchdog programe from the girls i work with, sounds awfull!

We decided to be on the safe side and havent booked an AOA holiday, we've booked the Riu Caribe in cancun!

Cant wait! If anyone's been here please let me know what its like!

Thanks x
Hi Lorraine

As you no longer require info on the AOA and have booked the Riu Caribe, I've merged your topic with the Riu topic :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Does anyone know what its like as we're planning to stay there in dec.

Savannah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.