Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We stayed here a couple of years ago and had a fab time. I don't think you'll have any complaints here and they've refurbished since we were there. Go for it, I'm sure you won't regret it ;)
Is this better than the Yucatan, how about evening weather January
We thought so. The only thing we thought was better about the Yucatan was that it was right on the beach. This did have it's drawbacks though, as their pool would get crowded due to the people on the beack taking a dip in it. However, the walk from the Tequila to the beach was a very pleasant short walk or you could just hop on the twk twk (as we called it lol). It was just along a short walkway across the road.

The one evening we ate at the beachside restaurant at the Yucatan, all 6 of us were bitten to death as it was heaving with mossies. Having said that we did have breakfast at their restaurant on a couple of occasions and everything was fine. Another thing in favour of the Tequila was the entertainment. Guests of the Yucatan and playacar would flock to our hotel as the shows were much better.
My wife and I have been to Playacar for the last 3 years, 1st year (2007) we went to Tequila and loved it. decided to return in 2008 and couldn't decide between the Tequila or the Playacar, booked the Tequila but then had our booking transferred to the Playacar as the Tequila was being renovated when we were due there.

This year we again booked the Tequila (early June) but because of the swine flu problem ended up in the Yucatan!! (the Tequila was just beginning to reopen when we were due to go and the Playacar only reopened half way through)

To summarise, the Tequila is quieter during day as a lot of people tend to go to the beach at the Yucatan, in the evening a lot of people seem to head to the Tequila for the evening shows (it also has the disco there).

If you want somewhere to cool off during the day, the 24hr Sports bar at the Tequila provides welcome relief.

The Playacar is a quieter than the other 2 but also shares the advantage with the Yucatan over the Tequila of being on the beach.

Facilities wise they are all fairly similar, apart from the fact that it's not on the beach the Tequila probably has the nicest setting.

I took a lot of photos in and around the Yucatan this year which I have posted here:- http://community.webshots.com/user/Roadgiant

I've still got a lot of more photos from previous visits (to the Tequila and Playacar) that I have not got around to posting yet.

We have already booked for the Yucatan for next year and we are taking our son and girlfriend with us.

If you have any questions feel free to ask either here or PM me and I'll try to answer them.

RG
Have just come back from the Tequila (3rd visit) and its still the best of the three. Entertainment, rooms, settings, pools, food and staff all brilliant at the Tequila. Would go back in the blink of an eye. There were plenty of people there that were repeat guests and you can see why. That said, because you can use the Playacar, Yucatan, Tequila and Lupita (that ones a bit out though), if the Yucatan or Playacar were significantly cheaper it may be worth a switch.
Thanks all, booked, next question, seeing AI how much in dollars or and pesos would you recommend for two weeks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.