Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We should have been in the Yucatan but when we arrived we ended up at the Tequilla (long story!!), however we spent a lot of time at the Yucatan as there where our friends were staying. It's was nice but in comparison with the Tequilla which was brand new I'm not surprised they've given it a facelift. Can't help with the refurbishment - I believe it's closed compeltely though while they do it. You'll find plenty of places to eat and drink though and the pool area was lovely.

You'll probably find that if you're AI you don't spend that much.
We took some dollars for tips etc. You can pay for your trips by credit card.
I'd recommend swimming with dolphins & Chitzen Itza as "must do's". Xcaret and Tullum are also good days out.
I'm not sure how much the trips are though as we did a tour & stay and they were all included.

Dawn
hi there,

we went last year and loved Mexico. didn't do chiichen itza as its apparently a tourist trap. Tulum and Xel-ha were really good. we saved a fortune by getting the collectivo (white vans) up and down the strip instead of paying for trips giving us more freedom also, have your change ready. we got the collectivo to Tulum then a taxi to Gran Cenote which is apparently the best cenote available. the water was really clear offering great snorkelling, as was the sea.

we would love to go back.

have a nice time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.