Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I have stayed at the Riu Vistamar and loved it, but you probably won't be in the majority being British. Lots going on, entertainment day and night if you want to join in and if you don't thats fine too. Stunning location on a cliff overlooking Amadores Beach. Food was lovely, drinks and bar service fine. Two lovely pools, both a bit cold but we went in October. Free clean towels daily and a hourly shuttle bus down to the beach.

Sarah
Hi sarah,
Thanks for your quick reply.
What percentage of guesta are Bitish, would you say, at this hotel?

Thanks.
Carolyn
i would say there is 20%+ UK guests, especially in peak summer season, at Riu Vistamar and it would probably be lower in the club gran canaria. Also, the guests are of lots of different nationalities, rather than it be 80% of one, it is mixed, Italians,french, germans, scandinavians etc. Vistamar has alot going for it, views, location, beach. And if your 14yo is a scuba diver, there are some excellent local dives including one infront of Vistamar. :cheers
Hi Neil,
Thanks for your reply. Have you stayed at both of these hotels?
Which one would you say is in the best location?

Carolyn
Yes I agree with Neil, to be honest, it was a lovely atmosphere with all the nationalities.

Sarah
I live here and would say without a doubt Vistamar has a stunning location, cliff side, overlooking the sea and Amadores beach, i think all the rooms have sea views because of the way it is built. :sun2 and they have acourtesy bus to run you up and down to the beach if loafing by the pool gets too much! The harbour is a shortish walk down along the front.
I don't think you will find a hotel that has a high percentage of Brits. Personally if I'm going to a foreign country I want to feel like I am somewhere different and not at Butlins. Holidaymakers from other countries are tin Gran Canaria to enjoy their vacation too and over the past 6 years we have made quite a few friends with Dutch, German & Italian people.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.