Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Is this the bar by the water feature, next to the stand that sells mini doh-nuts? on the strip?
Yeah, apparently its being made into a supermarket. Alot of places are in trouble this year as the council are going along the strip and knocking down anything that is not built to specifications
Oh dear, that's a shame. Hope the Rising Star pub will still be standing then, we had many a great night in there.
Shame about that. We popped in for a wee drink for the first time last year (as we'd always walked by it) and found it a nice pub with a nice atmosphere. The 'wee DJ' with the mad curly hair was lively and got everyone going.
Looks like we jinxed the place!! :cry

Trev
The Spectrum in Pernera was flattened when I went over two weeks ago.

Not sure if it was for the same reason or maybe they are rebuilding it.
Hope the Spectrum is getting rebuilt, spent many days/evenings in there :(
Thats where we first met Max if you remember. England v Sweden. Sweden won if I remember rightly.
Thanks for reminding me! ;) One of the best places in Pernera for watching football in my opinion, watched loads of games in there in October.
Robin Hood definitely gone then?
Any other casualties? :cry

Trev
Are there any more bars, restaurants in Protaras that have closed down over the winter.
we were over at beginning of April and the spectrum bar was just in the last stages of its rebuild! think its actually open again now!
Spectrum bar April 2009

Not sure whats happened to the Waterloo in Pernera that seemed to be closed up and had a big sign up that I couldn't read, it had the air of "for sale" though....

Niata Bar has been bought out and looks like its now all going to be part of the Blue Spice complex with a new poolside bar being built Niata and Blue Spice with new pool bar
Waterloo Pub is for sale as far as I know. We made friends with a girl that worked there last year. The manager invited her back to work for him this year but told her he was considering selling Waterloo and she is now back in Cyprus working in a place he owns in Nicosia and is going back to Pernera soon and will be working in Il Cavilere restaurant which the owner of Waterloo also owns.

Wish we were going back this year! Should really have got married in Cyprus instead of here in Nov then I'd have had the wedding, holiday and honeymoon lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.