Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
roda
6 Posts
Hi Tracey...Roda is lovely, there are quite a few different places to eat and plenty of choice of pubs for a drink. We have been going to Roda for the last 5 years. The beach is nice & sandy too :sun2 . The weather should be lovely at this time of the year. Depending on what you like to see and do........there are loads of places to book trips with.

If you want any more info...just ask away :tup
thanks bobbies girl
glad about the weather
how far from the airport is roda?
and do you know the mitsis roda beach and spa hotel if so any comments would be good
Roda is probably about an 1 and a half-2 hours from the airport ...if you are on a coach :duh ...probably a bit quicker if you are hiring a car. I dont know of the hotel/apts you mention...sorry. have you read the reviews in the ' Hotel Reviews' section on here . I am sure you will have a great time.
Hi Tracey,

Have just returned back from Roda, spent a lovely 11nts there. Roda itself is very nice, smallish resort but enough to keep you going. Lots of nice little restaurants and eating a meal in one of the beachfront restaurants with the sunset is a fantastic view.
The beach although not massive, you can go quite away out and still only be up to your waist. Roda took us an just over the hour from the airport on the coach although it depends on how many drop offs.

Have never stayed at the Mitsis Roda beach but on the way back home we picked people up from there. It will probably take you about 20mins or so to walk into Roda as it is on the outskirts, quite a grand entrance. Not sure what it is like inside or anything but we have been selling this hotel for the last 2yrs and people seem to like it, depends what you are looking for really although i do think it gets mixed reviews. From what i saw though it reminded me of a a Butlins holiday camp in the way in which the apartments are arranged but i'm sure its not like butlins, just the only way i can describe it in the way its designed.

Let me know what kind of hotel you are after and can probably give you an idea as saw quite a few of them whilst i was there. I would certainly recommend Roda as a relaxing holiday resort, not too busy but still enough to keep you occupied and plenty of excursions you can do too.
Will also post some trips later you can do with NSK Travel Services as they were superb and loads cheaper than the Thomas Cook Reps !!

Thanks
Hi, I stayed at this hotel last Sept with hubby and 2 kids. We have stayed in several other Mitsis hotels and they are all quite similar. The rooms are quite varied as some have been totally refurb'd and some are still quite basic, we had a superior room which was a bungalow backing onto the beach with a separate partioned area for the kids, LCD tv, mini bar restocked every day etc.

There is a reasonable main buffet and 3 bookable restaurants that are part of the all-inc, you have to book these early the morning on the day before you want to eat, so from 8am. This wasn't a problem for us as one of the kids had woken us up by then and we took it in turns to thow some clothes on and nip to reception, only takes a few mins. They do a lunch and an evening session in the italian and greek (our fav) and evening only in the chinese. There were loads of reviews from when we were there about stomach bugs but we never had a problem and ate in all the restaurants, but to be totally safe I would say don't eat from the grill in the main buffet as this seemed to be the one consistent thing that people told us they all had then got ill. Having said that we saw loads of people go in to eat straight from the beach or pool without washing their hands, which is just asking for trouble.

You can walk along the beach to Roda which takes about 15 mins and half the distance of going via the roads. Roda itself has lots of bars an restaurants. We also hired a car and really liked Kassiopi. I am sure I have left loads out so PM me if you need any more info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.