Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Royal Park Elenite
237 Posts
Hi Loubilaw
Is this the hotel Royal Park, Elenite you are going to ? if so read this
sorry fiona - link was not working
fiona
Hi loubilaw,
There is reports on the Bulgaria Disscussion forum, 6th down from your question have a look at page 10 of this, it dosent make nice reading I'm afraid.
but better to find out at present than go and hate it, you may be able to change to a better hotel before you go there.
We are off to Sunny beach for the 1st time on 17th September (2 weeks to go !)
I have 2 daughters who stay in the borders,
Fiona
We have a lot on this hotel HERE

Peter
not very much activity on this post but on other websites, I have been reading lots of new information.

I am disgusted with FC as they are just not listening to my complaint. Admittedly I have not been yet but I want to go to this hotel but I want assurance that the illness is being investigated and that actual efforts are being made to limit the illness.

I am thinking of sending the 10+ links of seperate web sites that are all complaining of the illnesses.

I know I come across as a moaning git but I went looking on the web to find positive information as I was exited, now I am in fear, I can't change the holiday and am just leading my famility in to expected illness. If my wife was pregnant, I would just cancel and forget about the money. Bear in mind, I was hospitalised last year thanks to another FC holiday, again where FC deny any illness is present (Thier are still similar complaints here as well!)

Does anyone know if a solicitor can help before we go rather than after being as I am expecting to complain? I do at the back of my mind, really hope I do not have to!
From the Complaints Forum above -
We have teamed up with Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, to provide the best information available.

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice. Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

There have been serious problems at this hotel since it opened.

Peter
Came back on 18th Aug and can honestly say i never heard of one case of food poisoning while we were there.
Been on countless holidays over the years including several AI and this place is spotless and the food was good.

I myself had a dicky stomach for a couple of days ( which i get every year where ever i go ) but put it down to large quantities of food and alcohol along with the hot weather.

Pm me with any questions
Taken from another website, returning visitors have:

compilabacta=food poisioning and cryptosporidium=water born bug from the swimming pool
There three families in our group who visited over a 4 week spell 6 adults and four kids in all.
Not one of us had a problem , can only speak from my own experience
This is good new Jimbouk, I am hoping our family misses it as well. Did you have a good time, any recommendations? Is the beer ok, meaning does it get you drunk?
hi all
just had to write in to let you guys know that my brother-in-law has just returned from the roayl park after two weeks of hell as he put it believe me if my brother-in-law says it was hell then it must have been as he is not the squirmish type being from glasgow and a part of glasgow thats pretty rough to say the least "no offence ment been there myself and bruv-in-law would tell you the same thing" anyway he says food poisioning is very bad there as he himself wife and two teenage boys were fine for the first two days then ill for the rest of the two weeks as i have said there not put out by a little discomfort but even they were so bad they just could,nt wait to come back home and are still feeling the effects of the food poisioning now a couple of days on returning. they have all lost weight and feel like s*** as he put it when he phoned today.
all in all guys it was,nt just my family that this effected but a large number of other familys who were out there at the same time as mine.
i myself was going to the royal park next may but after hearing what my family has been through at this hotel i just could,nt and would,nt take the chance with my own family. been on to first choice earlier and when i explained what i,ve just wrote they did,nt even try to tell me there was,nt a problem just said for me to choice another hotel or holiday from there brochure and ring them with the details. yes i have to pay an ammendment fee of £20 per person but i,d much rather that than to take a chance of going to the royal park and have a holiday like my poor family must have just had. hope this helps get on to FC guys and change hotels now honestly
  • Edited by shushu 2007-09-05 18:22:06
Goodbye Bulgaria forum, it has been nice talking to you. We could not face another holiday of illness so have used this opportunity to change holiday. FC, after much complaining, finally let us change to another location. This time, we picked a hotel with good reviews before booking the hotel and would recommend everyone does this (It is in the title of this website after all!).

All the best to whoever does go, I will be keeping an eye out so I can see if the issues are resolved.
Nice 1 mcfester.....i'm pleased for you fella!

I've been reading more new reviews this morning on tripadvisor and they really dont make for pretty reading......

Where are you off to instead?
Thanks keefg, we are now going to greece, maybe a few fires to contend with but it is better than the nightmare that is going on at royal park! Where are you going?

Anyone that is still thinking off going, read some of these comments in the links below, please tell me someone from FC is reading, this has to stop before someone is killed:

http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/hotel/royal_park_hotel_481.html

http://www.bulgariansearesorts.com/elenite_comments.html

http://www.bulgaria-hotels.com/en/hotel_comments/87h-royal_park_hotel-elenite.html

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/3049-Elenite-Royal_Park_Hotel-Holiday-Review.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635767-d584653-Reviews-Royal_Park_Hotel-Elenite_Burgas.html

The list can go on if you Google it. Anyone who thinks that there is no problem after reading the comments needs help in the head. This includes First Choice!
Thanks for the information McFester.

Peter
We've already been mate, we went to Rhodes at the end of August :)
:) Everyone the same sort of reviews were happening for holiday village turkey 2005/2006 we went there first time August last year and were worried with all the comments that had been seen , it was the same this year i found no problem but people were still moaning, as for this hotel i have booked for August next year and did get a bit worried about the comments but i have received an email from First Choice that sort of puts my mind at rest see below :-

This hotel is an international hotel at the moment and is changing to First Choice Exclusive for S08.
First Choice will go into this hotel and see where needs work in order for it to become up to the standard of all our other 4 star hotels. They will not have sub-standard accommodation in a First Choice Exclusive property as it would just not make sense.
As it is still international this year then there will be a conflict between nationallities as it is very hard to cater for all cultures, which is why the reviews are not the best at the moment.

See what happens, we saw Adults and kids this year at Turkey getting ill but this was due to the fact that Kids were allowed to fill there plates up with all the wrong types of food (Sweet/rich food) and got sick
Hi Dazznuts

I do hope they sort out the hotel for next year, I might go then.

I don't agree with your comments on Turkey though, I went for 2 weeks last year and nearly died with salmonella, I was very, very ill and afraid it was the food served in the hotel. My son was also il from the pool with the ear infection but I would like to think all this has been resolved this year.

I will keep an eye out for your review when you get back from Royal Park
Mcfester..
My wife usualy has problems with her stomach on holiday but this time drank water and didn't have any problems or with ear infections what i did when finished swimming for the day would have shower and make sure we cleaned our ears and dried them with this had no problems.
food issues are varied, i eat like a horse and had something of everything and never had any stomach problems, if there are any problems with food next year, with my stomach i may not notice it.
Hello dazznuts and mcfester...

I have also booked for next year to visit this hotel and i also wrote to First Choice regarding the hotel and i got this email back.....

Dear Mrs Wright,

Thank you for contacting First Choice regarding your concerns about food
poisoning.

First Choice would not consult the website you refer to due to the fact
that it is not regulated by any independent body. The claims posted on
this website have not been investigated independently and therefore are
unsubstantiated. While I would never suggest that the opinion of our
customers is not important, what is posted on this website is,
nevertheless, opinion only.

I can assure you that the health and safety of our customers is of
paramount importance to First Choice and our representatives in resort
carry out regular health and safety audits of all our contracted
properties in accordance with health and safety guidelines.

Should you wish ask any further questions regarding the most up-to-date
information on your chosen property, please do not hesitate to call our
Customer Services Department on 0845 600 4945 and one of our advisors
will be happy to help.

I hope this reassures you Mrs. Wright and I hope you have a wonderful
holiday through First Choice.

Before i booked i knew of the complaints fron 2004 but they seemed to have been resolved.

I am still going to keep my booking and wait till next year to hear the comments coming in as i am not due to fly to the 7th July..

We were in Bulgaria last year but in Obzor bay and had a fab time,we were in Crete this year petra mare which was ok .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.