Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Browndebs.There are a Number of 5* Hotels on this strip and all are Superb.I live about 4 k from them and have stayed at a number of them but not Royal Wings.From the passing by, it looks as good as the rest and I am sure that you will not be disappointed.They have just started a Bus service into Antalya Centre,it will cost you around 0.35p each.It will be very hot around the time you are planning to come but hardly any Mossies.

Ian
I picked up a client there last year for a property viewing the staff were extremely unhelpfull and rude both to me and the client. Client stated that it was a 5 star in anme only and more like a 3 star.
Has anyone been to the royal wings hotel, lara beach, antalya. We have booked to go 27/5/07 for 2 weeks. 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 7).
Have a look at my post earlier this week on Titanic Hotel.Royal Wings is about 500 Metres from the Titanic so same info applys.The Hotel itself is excellent as are all the hotels along Lara Beach.

Ian
Has anyone been to the royal wings hotel, lara beach, antalya. We have booked to go 27/5/07 for 2 weeks. 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 7)
info would be much appre :roll: ciated
Hi
I have not stayed at the Royal wings but did a tour of the hotel at Easter this year and it looked really good
Here is the hotels web address
http://www.royalwingshotel.com
e-mail info@royalwings.com
The web site is very good with lots of pictures.
Lara is not a lively resort and mainly hotel based so great facilities like the ones at the royal wings are important,It is 15 minutes from Antalya which is easily accessable by dolmus or taxi.
All the water slides, wave pool and lazy river are at the front of the hotel along with the funfair and trampoline.
The quiter pools are out towards the beach.
We stayed at the Delphin palace which is superb and are going again in August this to the Limak Lara. we have a 14 year old boy and he loves the quality 5 star hotels in lara. We have been to the Barut Lara also a superb hotel. We are returning at easter next year to the barut and to the delphin next August, so you can see we like the area!!

If you like the look of an hotel you will be able to have a tour of it.
I am sure you will love the royal wings and the rep said the food is excellent there.
Regards violet
Hi

I am considering the Royal Wings and Delphin Palace for next June with children who will be 11, 8 and 6 year old twins. There aren't too many reviews around for it and although what I have read is good, am a little concerned about the lack of British guests from the children's perspective (certainly not mine!!)
The pools in particular look super here.
Anyone have any recent feedback please?
Hi
We stayed at the delphin this easter and did a tour of the royal wings
here is the e-mail address and web site
http://www.royalwingshotel.com

info@royalwingshotel.com

I have spoken to a lady who went to this hotel and she was very impressed with it and the food is excellent.
We prefered the delphin rooms but the slides are more impressive at the royal wings, we are returning to delphin next year.
I noticed your post saying that you stayed at the lykia and all the facilities there, well these hotels are not on the scale of that hotel but are 24 hour all-inclusive and believe me the package is brilliant, ice creams all day popcorn etc drinks in numerous bars, mini bar in rooms, free room service after midnight. Both these hotels have 2 lane bowling alleys and are with a fee but really you need spand very little at these souperior five star hotels and the rooms are luxurious.
If you go on google and type in name of hotel look for the holidaycheck site on the list that is pulled up and click on translate this and you will get many photos and German reviews loosely translated.
Any questions please ask
Regards violet
Thanks Violet your reply is really helpful.

I am exploring all avenues and was hoping to get a slightly cheaper deal this year and return to Lykia next, booking a little earlier and getting a better deal.

Before we went I looked at the Delphin Palace but last week I couldn't find it anywhere although last night it has come back on with Thomas Cook so I am back to it now. The prices between that are the same as the Royal Wings and it is the pools there that are pulling me towards it for the children, although you have a small fairground I believe at The Delphin. Decisions, decisions.

If you can tell me any of the activities you heard about at the Royal Wings I would be very grateful and the same at the Delphin, but I will pop over to that thread so we won't get told off lol :wink:
One more thing Violet. Do either of these hotels have outside restaurants that overlook the sea, that spoilt us a little I think at Lykia.

My main concern with the Royal Wings is the lack of British guests. Personally I quite like that, but was thinking from the elder boys perspective for them making friends. At Lykia this year, the first week we were there there were few British and that stopped them both wanting to do the activities at the clubs as they are in different age groups. The second week though there were loads more and they made some friends and were happy to go along.
Am sooo annoyed. Can you beleive the prices of both these hotels have gone up nearly £600 since last night!!!!
Hi,
When we went it was early season and alot of evening entertainment was indoors, i think it would be a very different holiday to the lykia. lara is a man made resort with mainly hotels and there is still developement in the area. the journey to lara from the airport will be no more than 20 minutes and Antalya is easily reached via the free bus from the Delphin not sure about Royal wings. The kids aqua park is at the front of the Royal wings and has a lazy river, wave pool etc fun fair, trampolines and this may appeal more with younger kids .. The delphin has one outdoor restaurant I think Turkish as it had yet to open in the evening and has a raised area with sea views. The area is flat and the beach is excellent with a pier that is called moonlight bar and is open in the evening I think.
The activities for the kids basically is a kids club, they do take the older kids off for football etc but our son was 14 but some younger ones played. We stayed at club letoonia a couple of years ago and the views were stunning and similar to the lykia so you may be disappointed from that point of view but the accomadation will be so much better.
If you read the many reviews on tripadvisor you will see how popular the Delphin is, but I do know last easter there were quite a few english at the royal wings, and would assume that in summer there will be more!
I think there will be plenty for all your children, they have a beach party with fireworks and gala evening once a fortnight. The animation are good and include everyone. We are going to the Limak lara in 4 weeks and that is near both hotels and is a japanese style and i am so looking forwards to going. The Barut Lara is also superb , they have excellent apartment s for up to 6 people and child prices till 16 in those,we go there next easter for a second time.
hi does anyone no how far the royal wings is to the titanic hotel,found out today all british guest s going on sunday are being moved from titanic to the royal wings due to overbooking.Unfortunately we are not but my brother and family are and we are supposed to be on holiday together!!!
:bhead
Thanks very much for your comprehensive information Violet :D

I've juggled with the prices and have got both of them down to about £3800 which I was expecting, phew. I always find it much cheaper to book 2 rooms of 3 than a larger one for 6, have you tried that? I've often noticed comments about the Barut Lara, is that suitable for children between 6 and 11 would you think? I've also now found another two players, the Topkapi Palace and the Kremlin. The Kremlin is coming in very well at just under £3300 but the reports on Trip Adviser are mix, there aren't any here.
Hi sallington, That is not very good for you all, I am afraid the Royal wings is quite away from the Titanic, the problem being that you cannot go along the beach as when you get to the river that goes in to sea you are stuck as there is no bridge. The royal wings is about 4 hotels past the delphin Palace, it is about a 20 minute brisk walk away I would say at best.
Who are they booked with?? I assume Thomas Cook?? as I have not seen Royal wings with anyone else. It is not like you can meet up on the beach each day is it.
Sorry for you all it seems unfair, it is not possible to visit each others hotels when they are all-inclusives either.
Hope something works out for you!
Regards violet
hi well he has booked with first choice (they dont deal with the royal wings normally) but everywhere is so full they had no choice.
we have been told he can use both hotels,so we are hoping if he gets two room cards for his one room that we can use this to gain entry back to his hotel too.i wasnt sure if it was possible to walk to his hotel on the beach.can you do it by road?
they have said they will give him free bus rides to the titanic aswell but he wont get any compensation as it a better hotel,funny that as i thought they were all 5 " hotels.

how do you show that you are a resident at whatever hotel,is it by room key?

thanks for your help!
Hi again, Pamplemoose

I would be wary of the topkapi and Kremlin, they have been having poor reviews and are getting abit tired I have read. They are sister hotels and in fact about 4 years ago we booked the topkapi and changed the holiday because of an airline change and we have never fancied it since. It is quite abit further up the coast than the others. The brochures do not advertise interconnecting rooms at the delphin but someone enquired via the hotel and was told to request them nearer the time but I cannot remember where I read this.

I would think the Royal wings will appeal to your kids from what you have said, the Barut is wonderful but has not got a fun fair etc but the children are well looked after and the kids animator used to take all the boys for a game of football early evening in his free time. You can see the kids club from the pool bar and the bar also looks out to the sea in the distance.

Have you tried the holidaycheck sites to look at the hotels, not sure if Topkapi or kremlin are featured on there.
I would not leave it to long to decide as the holidays are likely to go up.
Our holiday to the barut next easter has gone up over £400 since I booked in Feb!We are having a suite there and the package is superb.We have had to pay full for our son who will be 15 as the hotel part is up till 14 for kids prices, worth knowing for when your children are over 12 regards violet
Hi sallington,
I read about over booking at the titanic on a German site before!
At the Delphin it was access via bands but I think that the royal wings have to give name and room number at security, when we toured it we had to leave a room card key from the delphin at the guards hut.
I do not know anything about the Titanic system.
Yes it is walkable and you can get down the side of the delphin Palace at present onto the beach and that may be best, or join the beach on the other side of the river as that is the path we take when we go for a walk and it is down the side of the Riva Diva.We have walked from the Delphin down to the barut lara a couple of times but that was not in the baking heat of summer, not sure it would be quite so pleasant then!
I really do not know how they monitor people in the evenings but the delphin always had a guard on the beach exit.
Hope all turns out okay. At least you know he can spend the time at the Titanic and be bused there! Yes they are all supposed to be 5 stars but some you would not want to go to and he is lucky it is a top hotel that they offered him and not the kervansary Kundu!!
violet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.