Travel Agency Complaints

Do you have a complaint against a travel agent and how you have been dealt with during or after booking your holiday? For help and advice post in here.
ruined cruise
7 Posts
Sorry to hear your holiday as spoilt by the plumbing in your cabin, not pleasant.

You do need to be realistic with your claim for compensation as Thomson will break it down into components. They will say that outside of the cabin, food, entertainment, activities on board etc weren't affected by the problem. So a percentage will be used when working out the compensation. At present, they've offered you £43 per day.

I certainly wouldn't accept vouchers. This will be their first offer. Write back & say you are declining their offer of £300 in vouchers as it does not reflect on the impact the sewage had on your holiday. Your holiday was marred by the inconvenience of the toilet continually blocking. Also mention anything else that the plumbing impacted on your holiday. For example did you feel the smell got into your clothes & belongings?
Thank you - that is really helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to reply
Karen
You're welcome Karen. If you need any help please just let us know. Good luck & let us know how you get on 👍
Yes, I will keep you updated but think it'll be another 28 days before I get a reply from them.....
They may reply with an offer & state "In full & final settlement". Don't be phased by this as it only applies if you accept the offer.

Also you can claim for loss of enjoyment, inconvenience & disappointment.
Thank you again Glynis, much appreciated
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.