Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Safes
11 Posts
Hi

We also had some bad reports about the Osborne safety boxes - I just bought another padlock and used that whilst we were there and thankfully had no problems

Have a great holiday

xx
:tup hi there what kind of padlocks and what size. do most hotels have the same kind of saftey depoist boxes and is it best to buy them before you fly there :sun2
Hi preacher we stayed at the mira in march the safes are near the reception in 2 cupboards which are also padlocked so you have to ask reception to unlock cupboard then sign a book,they supply locks but i always bring my own,we kept everything in the safe camera camcorder the lot imo it looked very secure,if you need anymore info on the mira pm me.slan(cheers)
Mira is in a great location and generally Goa is pretty safe.Take sensible precautions and you will be fine.Use the hotel safety deposit boxes if you are really concerned but make sure you use the Miras Thai restaurant you will not be dissapointed.

Papa
It would make sense to take your own padlock for your safe as its just that little bit more security and costs very little from home.
Don,t buy a padlock in Candolim/ Goa they often have the same key as the rest of them in the shop.
We have seen this at stalls by the Highland beach Hotel.

Gaz
Cheers Gaz, I will heed your advice and take a lock with me..
The Preacher
Hi Slan (Irishman)
Sorry havn't yet got facility to P.M. you but if you could give me any general info on the Mira, Taxis and prices, bar and prices, Orient restaurant, along with your recommendations, etc,etc. I would be most grateful. Oh and do you know if taxis from airport can carry 4 adults & luggage, We are due to arrive in Goa at 04-00, do you know if we will be able to check in so early in the morning,
Thanks The Preacher.
Thanks Polly for your speedy reply, I've read on some other site that the steaks are brill at Thai Orient Restaurant, what did the other H/Trs think.
The Preacher.
Preacher

The Oriental Thai is excellent - we visited there three times December/January and it was on our third visit I decided to have steak.

I asked for it to be cooked medium to well done with no blood. When it came, I cut through it because it was very thick there was blood in the middle which ran out on to my plate. They did take it back but when it came back it was on the same plate with the blood on. It did spoil my meal but I was just unfortunate I think as our friend had had steak on the previous two visits and it was excellent.

I wouldn't say don't have steak there but because of my experience I probably wouldn't choose the steak again, but will go again as the menu is excellent.

:offtop sorry
Thanks one and all for your comments,
The Preacher.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.