Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Have you bought this?
How many different places can this be used?
I'm guessing that 1 card would cover me and my Fiancee for all purchases?
Cheers :)
:wave: hi we go in september and as a family of four, wondered which places we could use this and what discount you get?? :think
Hi,
If you click on the above link it has info on where you can use it and what the discounts are.

It seems there are a couple of catches which may sway your decision as to whether its worth getting or not. The catches are:-

1) You basically get a book of discount vouchers to use with your card so once you've used the voucher you cannot get the discount in the same place again.

2) If its a bar offering half price drinks for example, each drink must have a corresponding voucher so 4 people, 4 drinks = 4 Gold cards required. This does not apply to restaurants, where one card will give you a discount on your total bill.

Only you can decide if the discounts together with the clauses make it a viable proposition or not.

I still can't decide if to get one for my next visit - I do tend to find a favourite bar (must be my age) and if I had a load of vouchers for other places then I'd feel like I couldn't spend as much time in my favourite bars.

I'd say it would be very good for first time visitors to Salou as it would make it more tempting to get out and about and try the places out.

Cheers :cheers :cheers
Mark
This link may be better,

It says the name of the venue and the type of discount you get:-

http://www.salou.co.uk/Negocios/vip/popup_offers.html#

Cheers
Mark
:wave: hi mark 757 thanks for the info. i'm not sure whether to get it or not, as you say you would need four cards for discount for the four of us. that's 72euros to buy them. :think
Hi all,

First of all, thank you Mark, much appreciated all your comments on Salou Uncovered. Please pop in to Connect Inn when you come to Salou where you will find most of the team of Salou Uncovered.

Regarding the Salou Uncovered Gold Card I would like to clarify the use of this.

Once you purchase a Gold Card you are given a booklet with over 100 establishments with discounts or offers.

In each booklet you will find from Restaurants, Pubs, Shops, Discotheques, Beach bars, sport activities, hairdressers, excursions, bike hire-quads-motorbikes"¦
As Mark has mentioned you will find the list of establishments on Salou Uncovered.

If you are a family you do not necessary need to buy a card for each individual as most of the places offer a discount on the total bill.

Example: Hollandaluz 10% off your total bill.

Discount of your meals, regardless the number of people eating. The discount applies for meals only.
Example: Rio Grande

Other specifically states the number of people per party.
Example: The Grapevine

2 drinks for the price of one
Example: Charlie Chaplin's

In most of the shops & supermarkets the discount (from 10% to 30%) given is off the total bill.

Discotheques: Valid for 1 person Free entrance + 10% off first drink.

Sport activities: Valid for 1 person.

As you can see there are a number of establishments where you can use one card for the offer or discount.
Example: Dracbeach

Each establishment will sign or stamp the voucher once used, but this month, as an example, Chippies will give 10% off main meals during the whole month of May with the one card. This has been announced on Salou Uncovered forum.

Also you will find that there are businesses with more than one establishment and with your Gold Card you can use this at each establishment.
Example: Fernan´s (9 shops - Perfumes & make up) you will be given the discount in each shop.

Please feel free to send an email if any further information is needed.

I would like to wish you all a lovely holiday on behalf of Salou Uncovered.
:sun2
Hi

We are a family of 2 adults & 2 kids aged 15 & 11 going to Salou on 17th July for 2 weeks staying at Club Dorada Palace.(Self Catering)

I have heard about the Salou uncovered gold card and was wondering if anyone has purchased and used one yet?

I have a few questions on them if anyone can answer them.

Can one card be used per family or is it one card per person?

Are the discounts off the total bill or just one item, ie a family meal or one meal?

Do the discounts include soft drinks or just alcoholic ones? (you know how much kids want drinks when it's hot)

Can the discounts be used in Supermarkets and on attractions like waterparks?

Can they be used on the train to Barcelona? or for cycle hire?

So many questions I know but it would be nice to know these things in advance of purchasing a card.

It would great if anyone can answer any of my questions.

Thanks

Bev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.