Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The Olympic Lagoon isn't Nissi Beach regardless of what the brochures say. It's about 3/4 mile away. Your nearest beach is Landa (across the road) or Macronnisos (my fav in Cyprus) which is the next beach up the coastline heading towards the waterpark. There's plenty of places that sell the type of food your after, the prices have gone up along with the poor Euro rate this will make things slightly more than before, but it shouldn't affect it too much.

Just along the road from you heading away from Napa is a small pub with restaurant attached called Paradise Alley, doesn't look much from the front but the bar food and restaurant food is excellent value, good quality and there's a kids play area including a huge bouncy castle. You'd have no problems sticking to a budget eating there.
oh right, stupid travel agents :) is the nissi beach far to walk if we decide to go there for a day! thanks for the heads up on somewhere to eat, think i am panicing and scared more as it is my first holiday as a single mum so not looking forward to it, but i am sure once there i will be fine lol

i can probably get 1300 at a push. the hotel looks reasonably nice, so hope the brochure showed that correct :cry i like the sound of a few beaches being local at least have a bit more choice and can check each out ;) do u think Paradise Alley may do a basic chicken or ham salad and chips? :think :tup thanks for response
You could walk to Nissi Beach in around 20 mins.....wouldn't want to do it in the mid day heat though :really There's a bus stop right outside your hotel which goes all the way along Nissi Avenue (including a stop at Nissi Beach) straight into central Napa. they run from approx 9am to 9pm just dont expect them to be on time !

The waterpark is in the opposite direction and a great day out, again you could walk it in 20 mins but I'd hop on the bus during the day. The bus stops inside the waterpark and uses it as a terminus where it turns around and then goes back to Napa central

It's a nice area to stay in for a single parent in my opinion, you've got enough on your doorstep to keep you fed and watered without having to venture into Napa if you dont want to every night. Like I say Paradise Alley is great for simple food both english and Cypriot. You've also got a couple of others right next door to Paradise and if you fancied eating somewhere a little more sophisticated there's a lovely restaurant with a cocktail bar attached called the Garden Of Eden....lovely food and friendly staff.

Beaches wise there's Landa opposite your hotel which is nice but narrow, or head up towards the Dome Hotel which is where Macronissos beach is....it's simply stunning and my favourite on the island.
Nissi beach is probably around 15-20mins walk away - very busy with youngsters and usually has a DJ playing music all afternoon, it did last year in august anyway! good if your looking for a lively, exciting afternoon. Macronissos beach is excellent but i find landa beach to be much sandier. Either Landa or Macronissos beach would be ideal for a chilled out, relaxing afternoon.

wonderful location for a relaxing holiday with that bit of excitment there if you require it!
brilliant!
thanks alot for the help!! :D i also emailed the hotel to ask them about the food there and they emailed me back a menu and it doesnt seem that pricey actually, so hopefully money wise i should be ok :D
dont want a party holiday as obviously have kids, but would like to mix with some people as boring on my own lol would like to check out each of the beaches so at least then i can choose one to mainly stop at, nissi and Macronissos but as Macronissos is probably nearer will maybe check out nissi just one day and stay a bit more local :D
We ate lunch at the restaurants on Landa beach and found them excellent.The beach was also very nice,lovely shallow water and plenty of sunbeds on soft sand.Nissi beach was full of rubbish such as drink cartons,crisp packets and cigarette ends!
Hi dawn
We have stayed at the olympic lagoon for the last two years. We love it there. There is plenty going on for the children during the day around the pool area. There are shows of an evening if you like that kind of thing or a bar in the hotel. Drinks can be dear in the hotel. At the back of the hotel there is a shop which sells made up rolls which are fine for lunch time. There is a pub called the king sword which sell great valve meals turn right out the back of the hotel. Dont worry you will have a great time. Wish we were going this year but with the weak euro we are going to turkey. :cheers
  • Edited by oliday 2009-03-08 15:12:53
Have you approached the hotel about upgrading to Half-board or AI?, sometimes it can work out cheaper, especially with kids....

Just a thought and maybe worth an email.

Cheers,
Jinty
yeh i looked into it and it was a extra 600 i think for half board from b&b
i would not bother to go half board there as there are to many nice resteraunts just outside and along the road
there is the option to upgrade when you get to the olympic lagoon as well
3-4 or 5 nights half board or all drinks etc
you can also just go in the resteraunt and pay for one evening meal handy if that particular menu takes your fancy
we used to have the breakfast which is a lovely selection then we would have a club sandwich and fries at lunchtime which consists of 1 1/2 sarnies salad and fries
some days we would share one depending on how hungry you are
you can also have your food brought round to you at the pool or go into the resteraunt and eat
evening time we would go to one of the local resteraunts just outside or go into nappa or along nissi avenue
we would usually walk one way and get a taxi the other for about £6-00
as for the beaches they are lovely but we prefer the pool and there is a nice little false beach there for the kids to go in and out safely
have a good time
thanks :) yes am stayin with the b&b as i think i can probably get more for my money outside hotel and with me being fussy i dont want to be tryin to eat things i dont like :) i shouldnt be so boring with food, looking forward to it now, just need to finish paying it off lol
i would recomend the lunch menu but we only had a couple of evening meals as they were ok and thats it
much prefer to go out and pick a resteraunt
for us to go all inclusive it will be 990 euro, but the kids will get free ice cream for 2 hours a day but not adults, but 2 hours doesnt seem much though? so it will be 90 euro a day to go from b&b to all inclusive, i am still unsure whether worth it for me, especially if i can get somewhere cheaper that does basic fries and salad and maybe get a big bottle water and keep topping kids bottles up with it maybe ?
there is the supermarket right outside the hotel and a lot of people just went there for a ham salad roll at lunch time
also the kings sword 2 minutes away do excellent home cooked food at a very good price
we had a few good evenings in there
hiya im going back to the olympic lagoon again :P last year i ate at the kings sword and bought my drinks from shop outside hotel and only spend 400euro for 11 days and that was for 3 of us, so i saved alot of money than if i went all inclusive!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.