Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi,

Not sure if any other operators go there but I know its in the Smmer 2005 brochures from Cosmos & Sunset.

Cheers
Mark
ive booked to go to the san francisco in july through thomas cook. could you tell me is it ok to take kids there is it a reasonable hotel.

LISA
Hi Lisa,

I've noticed you've raised a post about the San Francisco Apartments. Are you staying at the hotel or apartments? I only ask as they are completely unconnected and about 3 miles away from each other. Both should be fine for families though.

San Francisco Apts are in La Pineda (A couple of miles away from Salou)
San Francisco Hotel is in Salou.

Cheers
Mark
It is actually the hotel san francisco in salou we are going do you still think
its an alright hotel or a bit of a dive.

thanks

LISA
hi,ive just returned from salou and i hate to tell you but the hotel san francisco is closed,the door is boarded up and there is rubbish lying all around it,the old beds are lying on various balconys ,so if i was you i would be getting in touch with my travel agent to find out what is going on.
Thankyou so much for that i will be on to my travel agents first thing in the morning. I cant tell you how grateful i am for that piece of info at least i can do something about it before its to late and just end up with a leftover appartment by the time they decide to tell me when we go in july i hope the alternaticive they offer me isnt a right shambles. Anyway ihope you had a lovely hol and the weather was good thanks for all your help.

Worried lisa
glad i could help,hope you get it sorted out and get booked into somewhere decent.and yes i had a great holiday thanks.
I believe the hotel will be opening on 28 May 2005.

Cheers
Mark
dont know about it reopening as there was no sign of any work going on and it looked very run down, i for one wouldnt be too happy about going here after looking at state of the place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.