Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi,
We were out in Agia Efimia, which is just down the road from Sami, a few years ago in September, and we had perfect weather for the entire two weeks.You can be unlucky and get a couple of cloudy days but generally it is still hot all the time.
Can get a little cool sometimes in the evening.
Thanks for that, you've eased my mind a little. I wasn't sure what the weather was like and with me getting married over there, its even more important I have the nice weather.

Thanks again
Hello All :D ,

I've just returned from Sami, Kefalonia where I had a great time and an excellent wedding. Kefalonia is a great Island which I would highly recommend. I was a little surprised at Sami (working town, not attractive, etc) as I found it to be a nice resort with excellent restaurants at good value for money. It was also very practical from a tourist point of view for car hire, exchange, atm's, trip rentals and it was also close to many of the Islands attractions. The Pericles was clean with all the requirements you need with a very nice pool. The staff there are A* although the only neg point was the manager as I found him to be abrupt and only interested in you when your splashing the cash. Here are some of my positive points from my experience:

1 Sami Restaurants - All crammed together providing excellent views and great dishes at really low price. Example: 2 course meal for 2 with bottle of wine and 2/3 beers approx 30 Euro which is about £20. I went to a few resorts but Sami was the best for Restaurants. I recommed The Mermaid

2 Melissani Lake and Drogonake Caves (excuse spelling). Excellent to see and worth the visit for the photos alone

3 Myrtos Beach - Absolutely lovely beach especially from a vantage point high above.

4 Assos and Fiskardo - Lovely little villages and worth while visiting both and having a coffee by the sea.

PS if you haven't booked your accommodation I can recommend a great hotl called 'Astro Village'. I stayed there for 1 night and it is A*****. You will not find it in a brochure but I do know that Thomas Cook are trying to get them into there upcoming brochure as soon as.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.