Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
sami kefalonia
8 Posts
Hi Karen

We fly out the same day as you but are staying in Lassi.

Have been to Sami many times for a visit, it seems to have a nice friendly relaxed feel to it. But then so does most of Kef.

I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday.

Chris
thanks, where abouts are you flying out from- we fly out from gatwick.

Do you usually go this time of year, waiting for the temperature to go up more.

Thanks

kazie
Kef
Hi kazie i'm flying out the same day to and the same hotel maybe we can have lunch together :lol:
Please can you tell me about your hols when you come back. about the hotel and resort as looking at this for next year and your info would be appreciated, enjoy your holiday
regards rosie
Hi Kazie

We also fly from Gatwick at 13.45

Yes we always go in June, apart from last year when we went at the end of May. Then we go again in September or October.

The year before last in June the temp didn't go below 35deg.
Somebody had a thermometer that was still reading 30deg at 3 in the morning. Thats why we tried May last year, but found that on the cooler side.

I don't mind how hot it gets but the other half has problems when it's too hot.
Hi Karen, we stayed in Agia Efimia last September, which is just along the coast from Sami and we visited a few times. The main boardwalk with all the places to eat is very pretty. We never had a bad meal.
There a good number of tourist shops too.
We also saw some fab boats moored there - take some bread with you as there are loads of fish to feed.
I'm sorry but I don't know your hotel as we weren't staying in Sami.

I'm not sure if you need any siteseeing info, but here goes anyway!
I'd recommend that you hire a car and get about as it's a beautiful island. There are regular ferries to various places from Agia Efimia and you'll find them much cheaper than booking through your rep. Ag Ef also has a dive centre if either you or your hubby are interested in stuff like that. If you intend to visit Melassani Lake when you have the car - go early on the morning to avoid the bus trips. We did and ended up with a boat to ourselves which was lovely. Another nice place to visit is Assos.

Hope you have a fab time.

Dawn
Hi. We stayed at the Pericles about 6 years ago with our little boy who was 3 at the time. It was brilliant. Nice pool area and a short walk into Sami where there are some good restaurants on the water's edge. Our little boy spent ages trying to catch fish!! The owner of the Pericles (I've forgotten his name) was a great host. We didnt spend a lot of time at the hotel bar but lots of people did because of the great atmosphere. Have a great holiday. I'm sure you will will enjoy it. Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.