Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sandy beaches?
7 Posts
There's a really nice sandy beach round the other side of the lagoon. Not too far to walk from the main beach or you can get the free shuttle offered by the owners of the restaurant there.

It has a soft play area in the shade with a little playhouse etc. My granddaughter loved it.

Here is a link to their website
http://www.thesugarbeachclub.com/
Thanks Dadooronron - does the beach get busy and how do you access it - do you not have to stay at the hotel? We are thinking of going in early/mid June.
The beach at Side doesnt look very nice and looks like the tide is always in
the lagoon area of olu deniz has a lovely sandy beach , ive taken my daughter from a young age , the sea is calm and warm too perfect for young kids. anyone can use this beach , there are a few of these beaches scattered along the lagoon
You can walk round to the beach about 10 minutes from the main beach.Be sure to go past the entrance for the official blue lagoon beach where you have to pay an entrance fee. Its not a hotel but camp site. Little wooden lodges in the trees. They offer a free shuttle there and back but we always walked round. Its great for little children because as its a lagoon there are no waves, we found this was what put our grandchildren off the sea. Its very shallow for a long way so they can enjoy splashing around with inflatables or build sandcastles in the damp sand. The restaurant and lounging areas are really nice for adults too.
Altinkum has 3 lovely sandy beaches,proper sand too, a bit of a rarity in Turkey.Sea is shallow a long way out too so would suit.One of the beaches (Third Beach) is around a headland from the main two beaches and is our favourite as its bit quieter but still with everything you would need.Its an hour transfer from Bodrum Milas airport.I've been for the last 3 years with my own kids,who are now 4 and 2.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.