Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi Michelle

The Sandy Golf bungalows have been added to the reviews section.
If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Michele,
The Sandy Golf Bungalows are directly across the road from the Green Golf Bungalows,you can use the facilities in the Green Golf If you need them, You have made a great choice it's really nice place.
The sandy golf has a fantastic big pool, plenty of spare sunloungers and is a really nice quiet place. Taxi's into Playa Del Ingles will set you back roughly 3 Euros a time. There is basically naff all in Maspalomas, only the Faro 2 centre, which is roughly double the price of the commercial centres in Playa Del Ingles. The Meloneras Area which is roughly the same distance away is a really upmarket area, with some beautifull hotels and Restaurants, and the best shopping on the Island.
any questions please ask.
P.S.
I haven't actually stayed in the Sandy Golf, but have stayed in the green Golf across the road, my Parents were in the Sandy Golf when we were there, so we split our days between the 2 Pools.
hope some of that helps.
thanks for your reply, its always nice to hear from someone who has stayed (or in your case someone you knew) in the apartments, we have already had our main holiday this year but fancied a late summer holiday lol, we will be travelling with 4 children ages two 14yrs a 10 yr old and our baby who will be 23 months, are their childrens pools and also is there any entertainment on site?
We've booked for the Green Golf bungalows which I have found out are opposite. Here's the web addy

http://www.cordialcanarias.com/

If you look it will tell you that the complexes are facing one another and both are being fully refurbished, due to be open again any time soon.

Also if you become a member on the site you can gain points for recommending places once you've travelled, there's a club card which I am waiting for. If you click on the Club Cordial tab, it tells you about the advantages and what you can do with the points.
wow thanks for that website details, the apartments reopened on 1st august and are amazing totally refurbed and modern, cannot believe im going there now in just over 8 weeks.
michelle.

Sandy golf is a fab complex of 1 storey bungalows with their own pattio and sunbeds, have stayed there there 3 times, pool is fairly big with a small pool for the little ones. There is no on site entertainment but you can go across to the green golf and use their facilities as well, they have entertainment which is low key, kids mini disco 8.30 then sometimes a show or bingo. I am going to the green golf sept 16th and look forward to seeing the refurb which they have just finished. All in all you have choosen a nice complex with pleasant and helpfull staff. hope you have a nice time. There are plenty of bars and resturants in the Faro 2 shopping centre which is 10 min walk away, and if you take a taxi to EL FARO on the maspalomas beach there is a new boulavard of shops bars and resturants.
P.S I have been to these 2 complexes 13 times (beween them) and have always enjoyed every visit. hope this helps
Hi Twinky-Winkey :wave

Perhaps you'd like to be the first person to post a review HERE? :wink:

Thank you!

Pippy :D
PIPPY

ok will do have already done one for the GREEN GOLF
Thanks ever so much :wink:
Afternoon all (GMT),
Having read the reviews here (and elsewhere) for the Sandy Golf in Maspalomas, we have booked two bungalows through Travel Republic for March 2008. What I would like to know is if anybody has any specific recommendations as to which bungalow numbers to specifically request if I contact the resort direct before we go. Their website has a map of the bungalows (including numbers) but no indication of north! We would like bungalows where the terraces enjoy sunshine all day (or, failing that, in the afternoon/evening). One report I have read stated that they received no sun at all, being in the shade all day - unfortunately the reporter did not specify their room number.
Any assistance in this matter (or any other hints & tips regarding this accommodation) is welcome! We are two adult couples with no accompanying children.

P.S. the flights booked with GB Airways as they are pre-Easy take-over!

Cheers,
Jet
Hi Jetnoise, Going there monday 12th :D Have been going there and thier sister complex sometimes 4 times a year over the last 8-9. Bunglalow numbers 109-120 and 83-94 even numbers i would say are the better ones, but dont think you can fault any of them. anything you want to know just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.