Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Never seen it in a bar, but then I've never looked for it.
I do know it is sold in bottles in the larger supermarkets though.
Sorry, can't comment whether it is any good.

Hope this helps :)
I remember drinking Sangria in Ayia Napa with my friend at what was the little bar at the golf on nissi ave near the traffic lights before Mcdonalds whilst our hubby's and sons were playing golf but that was back in 2001 and then I thought it quite strange that we were drinking Sangria in Cyprus. Have been to Cyprus about 9 times over the last 15 years and that is the only time I have drank Sangria. Sangria is for Spain and maybe Portugal. Try Brandy Sour in Cyprus! :cheers

Actually come to think of it Sangria was on the cocktail menu when we went to Kenya this year but nothing like what you get in Spain.

Mandy :)
I suppose if you have the recipe any bar would be able to make it for you, they do if you have a request for an unusual cocktail, as long as they have all the ingredients.
We buy the 1 litre cartons of Sangria from Carrefour supermarket and mix it with a can of Fanta Lemon or the local similar fizzy lemon (Ivi - written as ηβη & pronounced "ee vee"). 2 cans usually covers the litre carton and makes it very pleasant but best served icy cold ;)

However, I do tend to agree with the others - when in Cyprus on holiday, what better way to sample Cyprus but with a nice cold Brandy Sour? Although, you do still get different variations of this too, rather like sangria!

Enjoy :cheers

CwB
CwB wrote:
what better way to sample Cyprus but with a nice cold Brandy Sour?
With a few Brandy Sours!!

Mark

PS: Passable Brandy Sours at home:
Brandy (obviously), Aldi Cloudy Lemonade, Angostura Bitters. Mmmmmm!!!
Have seen it advertised in The House on the Beach on Sandy Bay Beach in Ayia Napa !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.