Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
If you are into history then there is plenty to see. You can go across to the volcano and walk up it. Go to Oia and see the places for real that you see on Greek postcards, as well as admiring the fantastic sunsets while sipping a drink. A lot of people also do the sunset thing in the capital Thira. You get around the island by using the excellent bus service. You can also go island hopping if you run out of things to do !!

Les
If you want to just chill out a lot and visit the island - 2 weeks....it is a very small island though so if you are not a lying by the pool person you may get a little bored.Hubby and I were happy with a week in Kamari but each to their own....but seeing as it's your honeymoon you may want to chill out more anyway after the stress of organising a wedding, or you could do a twin centre trip with somewhere like Crete.... :)
Two weeks isnt enough to explore this gorgeous island. Get a car and go exploring. Have a meal and a sunset experience in the most beautiful viallga of Oia. Spend a couple of days on red beach. A night out in Thira. Wine and Cheese board overlooking the Caldera in Santos wines or a tour of the winerys on the island.

Have a look around 'the Greek Pompeii' Akrotiri, if you like your history. See the volcano in all its glory. The lovely beach in Perissa. Good shops, great place to go island hopping. Ios just across the water if you like partying.

I should work for the Santorini tourist board, but its stunning and the weather guaranteed!
hi, i may be wrong but some time ago my friend was thinking about a greek wedding and she was informed by first choice that on many islands-not sure if this includes santorini, you have to have resided for a minimum of 7 days before you are able to marry, so i guess that 2 weeks would be your only option under these circumstances anyway, and just think of the tan you will have by the big day!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:
I would say one week is enough, the place where you are going we went for a day and there seemed to be loads of Germans there and that puts the price up for meals when they are there.
Lovely island, but the beaches are volcanic.
Hi ! Four of us went to Kamari last August for 2 weeks. If we had only been 2 a week would have been long enough. Yes there are beautiful sights on the island and we visited them nearly all on Quad bikes. It was the nights which left us disappointed. We love the Greek way of life & have been to many of the other islands more than once, but we found Santorini very quiet. Nightlife is all restaurant based. There's hardly any pubs or tavernas - one or 2 cocktail bars but top price. We normally like to eat around 7.30 - 8pm but changed our routine to eat later as we found nothing to do after our meal apart from stroll around the shops. We didn't expect British style pubs but thought there might have been a couple of music bars or an occasional quiz.
It truly is a magical place and for a honeymoon it would be brilliant! Enjoy
Hi Corfuclara!

I'm getting married in Santorini this september, and you must be resident for 7 days, so you would have to go for 2 weeks!

Hope this helps? By the way, are you the same corfuclara that's on wedding chaos forum? xx
H corfuclara.
You will love Santorini it is a beautiful island. This is a very good site for info.
http://www.travel-to-santorini.com/
It also has an info page on weddings.
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers TF 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.