EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
satellite stuff
7 Posts
Yes its pointing at the sky (Astra 2) satellite.

Yes you can take a sky receiver and you will get the free channels as long as you can take a lead from the dish that exists, or you will have to fit your own dish (large enough to receive the Astra 2D signals).

You will then get all the "free to AIR" channels which includes the BBC channels as they are completely unscrambled.

If you want ITV & C4, you need to bring a sky card. A defunct cancelled one will do as this still unscrambles the "Free to VIEW" channels mentioned above.
So i will also be able to get my usual sky package then , I dont watch much fta anyway.
Depending on your dish size yes.

You need a much larger dish than back in the UK
Yeah they already get the fta stuff , but its an fta reciever...im hoping to take out our box for a month and plug it in.....and of course its a no phone line version.
if the dish already receives bbc1 to ch4 then your uk digibox will be fine and the dish is big enough
If your Sky card does not receive the movie channels or the sports channels then you do not need to take your box with you. All you need is you card. when you get to The house take out the existing card (if there is one) and plug in your own. Remember when you are going home to reverse the process.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.