UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
which bit do you mean? The very last bit isn't shown on Google Streetview but the whole road from Millhouse to the final corner is and it looks very narrow, it could be difficult especially if you met another caravan coming the other way! That said they do offer a caravan fare so someone must be doing it!
But I suspect only with very small caravans! A friend reported that they struggled with a mid-sized RV in the area.

SM
i'm not surprised, I looked at it in Streetview and it has an 8ft6in vehicle width limit and even then it would be tight.
That`s more or less what I was thinking, but then I googled Portavadie and saw that a local bus and the occasional lorry use the ferry to Tarbert and back. But knowing my hubby`s short fuse, maybe it WOULD be better to drive all the way instead! We`ve considered the Ardrossan to Arran and Arran to Claonaig ferry routes, but that way is quite a bit more expensive. Thanks for the replies.
you could find the bus times, wait for it and then follow it - let it push everything back for you!
Except the local bus could be quite small as well - the buses used on the small rural routes in my area are barely bigger than a Transit minibus. 'Bus' covers many things up here - including the Postie's van in really remote areas - and doesn't mean that the vehicle is going to be that much bigger or wider than many a 'Chelsea Tractor' :D

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.