Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
we then had a traditional meal, with lots of wine

.... which is,presumably, the reason for :-

My questions are where was I

.......... and you expect us to help ????? :rofl :rofl
Sorry,doepsmc, I was so busy putting in the emoticons,I forgot the serious part of my answer.
Plan A Google Paradise tours - they're a firm on the Algarve who do most,if not all of the tours on offer from the tour operators.
If this doesn't come up with the goods :-
Plan B Check the Thomson brochure for a property near to where you're staying, and pop in and have a look at their book.If you find what you're looking for,I've never yet met a tour rep. who will refuse commission on a trip,regardless of whether the client is on holiday with their tour firm or not; after all, the excursion will be run by a local tour provider anyway.
Let us know how you get on.
doepsmc,
It's me again :wave
I've been looking for Paradise tours without any luck, but found this :- http://www.algarve-direkt.com/excursions/excursions_list_activities_algarve_boattrips_jeepsafari_.htm
There's one on the list - Algarvian Night - which may be the one you're looking for.Good luck.
Hi Sagres

Thanks for the link. I didn't realise quite how funny the post sounded re 'lots of wine' and 'where was I?' :rofl
When I finally get round to booking some accomodation :oops: , I'll look see if there are any major tour op accommodations nearby. I know Thomson do Vilabranca and the Tivoli so if I get desperate I can always hang about in their receptions. As you say I'm sure they wont turn down a booking for four. :wink:

What I particularly liked was the setting up in the hills. I'm going to try to unearth the photo we bought of my daughter when we entered the restaurant through an archway in case it gives any clues. I'm sure the Algarvian Night will be something similar.

Glad you enjoyed your hols. Thanks for replying. :D
I've answered my own question as I have found the old photograph, the frame says Quinta da Pomona and it's in or near Silves. I've googled it but am not sure if what I am reading is saying it is now shut :cry: it's 6 or 7 years since we were there and things change.

Oh well if it is shut, I will investigate the one you posted Sagres.
doe,
Is this the one ?http://www.guiadosrestaurantes.net/restaurantes_detalhe.php?id=8824 It seems to tick all the boxes - near Silves,archway etc.
As I read it,it's only open for pre booked occasions and I'm certain this will have to include tour parties.
I'd suggest you e-mail them and ask which tour operators organise visits to their restaurant;I should imagine that someone there will be able to read English but, if you get no reply and want to have a go in Portuguese,let me know and I'll ask our Portuguese friends in Lagos for help.
Yes that's definately it. :D I'll drop them an email closer to the time I'm travelling and get a feel for which TO's go there. Thanks you for your offer of help, I'll come back to you if I have any probs but as you say I'm sure there will be someone who reads English. Cheers. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.