Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Got to laugh

We stayed at the Aqua Blu so had beach access by the Beach Albatros
at this hotel you go down to the beach by the stairs or lift and walk to the very end of the complex and swim off the jetty
A short swim takes you to a really nice coral cliff face where you have to keep you eyes wide open as the ******* glass bottomed boats that call them submarines come to within 6 FEET of the coral irrespective of how many swimmers are there

plus a little way along from the hotel there is public access to the beach / coral reef (complete with it's own Policeman) where you can get access for FREE to the same area the boats use for around £25 a head
the access is on Sea street which is a short walk from the Aqua blu and Albatros or even Fantasia and the Hilton Waterfalls easily visible on Google Earth too Lat 27.850846 long 34.301150 will find the path to the beach on the mapping the stairs that have been built are not visible as the photo is 2005
I went on the Seascope 4 years ago and enjoyed it as I am a non swimmer.
If I could snorkel in the same area I would give it a miss.
Some people who were picked up at another hotel, by the coach we were on(First Choice)had booked in Naama bay and only paid £16 each.
Jay Trip wrote:
Some people who were picked up at another hotel, by the coach we were on(First Choice)had booked in Naama bay and only paid £16 each.

Prices have risen considerably in the last 2 years but the number of "submarines" have increased too there are now at least four we were dodging
The price with local tour companies will probably still be cheaper than booking with First Choice,Thomson or Thomas Cook.
I think I paid £28 each :yikes
Thanks Madcaravanner and Jay trip. I'm not a snorkeller, which is why I'm interested.
mehmeh1 wrote:
Thanks Madcaravanner and Jay trip. I'm not a snorkeller, which is why I'm interested.

You got to learn whilst you are there getting up close and personal with those fish is AWESOME and I shout it out with gusto and glee wishing I was going back but not yet maybe even not this year :cry

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/Egypt/Aqua%20Blu%202009/th_BILD0033.jpghttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/Egypt/Aqua%20Blu%202009/th_BILD0036.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/Egypt/Aqua%20Blu%202009/th_BILD0017.jpg

You won't get such a clear view through the plastic
Mehmeh,The other alternative is go to the Coral sea Imperial hotel(ex Conrad)and just go to the end of the jetty!
The reef here is amazing and you can also access it by just walking into the water from the beach. :sun2
Madcaravaner,I have snorkelled in the Seychelles but for some unknown reason I can now no longer swim!
I am enroling for swimming lessons this month(for the humteenth time!) and if I dont manage it I will have to resort to hypnosis :yikes
We are going to the Hilton Sharks Bay and you can see quite a lot from the end of their jetty. We went last year. However, I have very poor sight and would have to wear my contact lenses to see anything and I don't know if I could do so with a snorkel mask? Also, the sea wasn't very warm in Feb! So I thought one of these boat trips would be a good solution.
mehmeh1 wrote:
We are going to the Hilton Sharks Bay and you can see quite a lot from the end of their jetty. We went last year. However, I have very poor sight and would have to wear my contact lenses to see anything and I don't know if I could do so with a snorkel mask? Also, the sea wasn't very warm in Feb! So I thought one of these boat trips would be a good solution.

I used to use contacts too and as long as you use the daily type you can swim with them whilst you use a good mask

As a diver I paid to have a set of lenses glued to my dive mask (some firms put a frame in instead) rather than use up a few extra sets of lenses

hope you like the pictures I put up
:offtop ( I will give myself a severe talking too)

hope you like the pictures I put up

I like your Malta album :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.