Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi :)
Bulkhead seats are slightly narrower as they have your table in the armrests which are fixed. Most other seating will have moveable armrests but some aircraft have fixed armrests on the aisle seats.
Also, aircraft regulations require that armrest must be down during take off and landing phases so although you can raise then during cruise, they must be down for more critical phases of the flight (basically when the seat belt sign are illuminated).

Darren
My husband is a large bloke (XL size in clothes) and he has never had a problem. He has sometimes raised the armrest to make doing his seatbelt up easier and then lowered it again. This has never been a problem. Once we were holding hands and the cabin crew couldn't see if the arm rest was up or down so did ask so we raised our hands a bit so s/he could see the armrest was down.
I to am a ' larger lady' and found a recent thomsonfly flight a bit on the tight side! Flew a couple of months ago with Mytravel and it was much more comfortable!
Good Luck :)
hi, im due to go to plama, majorca on july 15th from manchester wiv first choice. im 3 months pregnent and ive put on lots of weight and im worried i wonr fit in my seat. im 5ft 11 and i was wondering if any one can provid eme with any information on seat sizes and pitches. :oops:
Congrats on your pregnancy :D

Seating is notoriously cramped on short haul flights so I'dpersonally suggest asking for extra legroom seat (this may be chargeable).

As for seat sizes - I'm a (ahem) larger lady and have no problems with getting my ample backside in any aircraft seat nor getting the buckle on the lap strap to fit around my tum.

Have a great holiday!
Hi
I too am a "larger lady" and find FC planes the most comfortable to fly with. I am 5' 11 as well but find comfort seems to depend on the length of your legs!
Have you been to Palma before? The airport is vast and depending on how the pregnancy is you can request airport assistance and they will move you from the plane to baggage in a golf buggy. There is more about this on the airport section of the forum I think or possibly the disabled bit.
thankyou for your feedback, it has put my mind at ease and now i can start to look forward to my holiday, the last relaxin holidays ill have in a while!!! if i have any more queries ill be sure to post them.

thanxs again.
Legroom measurements refer to seat pitch ?

What does this mean.
Seat pitch refers to the seat spacing and the distance from one seat to the SAME PLACE on the next seat ie the distance from the back of a seat in one row to the back of the seat in the next row. It's the amount of space allocated to you AND your seat in the aircraft. It's not the actual space for your legs between seats.

SM
Seat pitch referes to the amount of room the seat is located in measured as the distance between the back support cushion of a seat and the back of the seat or other fixed structure in front. eg FCA have 33" in their star class cabins.

For more information, have a look at the CAA's website.

Darren
Hi
Can anyone tell the size of seats in economy flying long haul (orlando),

Thomas cook?
Monarch?
Thomson?
Mytravel /airtours?

If you know of any more please feel free to add, i flew with First choice last year and their economy is 33"
Thanks
:D
Think you mean seat pitch rather than width (they are completely different)

See here for seat pitch guide.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/seats_europe.htm
Ali,

All this information is provided on the various airline threads on here.

Darren
Thanks for the links this is just what i needed, i did mean seat width :roll:
cheers Ali
I thought this may help some people with their planning..

http://www.uk-air.net/seatpitch.htm

Michelle x
parents need to fly to usa soon which company offers the best seat width, thanks.
I am not that big but found it hard to eat with the tray down on our 757 to and from Larnaca its time someone at Thomsonfly took a hard look at the planes used for over 2.5hr flights.What really worries me is how do you get out in an emergency.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.